World of Warcraft Trial Account Limitations Enacted to Combat Spammers
As Blizzard has made it ever more difficult for spammers and gold sellers to do their dirty work, the operations have come up with a new method of assaulting subscribers.
If you’ve made a new character anytime in the last few months then you’ve experienced the latest form of gold seller spam. You’ll be doing your leveling thing, grinding or boars or what not, and suddenly you’ll get a party invite from a level 1 warrior in either Elwynn Forest or Durotar. Should you accept the invite, you’ll be inundated with offers for everything from “cheap WoW gold” to hacks that transform your character into a level 10,000 behemoth.
To meet this new challenge, Blizzard has placed new limitations on its World of Warcraft 10 day trial accounts.
We applied a small hotfix early this morning to include an additional restriction to trial accounts.
Trial accounts may no longer invite players to a party. They can still, however; accept invites from subscriber accounts who they may wish to group with.
Many other restrictions have been leveled on trial accounts to keep them from being exploited by gold farming operations. From level caps to limiting gold to 10G per trial account, Blizzard keeps throwing up new defenses and the gold farmers keep finding a way around them. A full list of current limitations to trial accounts can be found after the break.
It’s such a pity they don’t make all this legal, through controlled channels and web sites, and put these pirates out of business for good.
The following restrictions are placed on all Classic Trial Accounts:
- A level cap of 20.
- A maximum of 10 gold.
- Trade skills are capped at 100 ranks.
- Inability to trade via the auction house, mailbox, or player-to-player.
- In-Game public chat channels will be unavailable. (Players will still be able to communicate using say, party, or whispers).
- Characters will be unable to create or join existing guilds.
- Accounts will no longer be able to whisper other players unless they have been added to those players’ friends lists or have received a whisper from them first.
- Characters will not be able to invite players into a party.
- Characters will not be able to join parties with other players above level 20.
- Voice Chat is disabled on trial accounts.
- Realms with login queues will give priority to customers with retail accounts.
- Will not be eligible for any Character Transfer service.