Xenoblade Chronicles Beginner’s Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- After the cutscene, you’ll be able to spot your first sidequest. Talk to the soldier and accept the job to kill some monsters down on the beach. Another little creature inside the Weapon Development Lab has a sidequest lined up. It doesn’t hurt to collect as many as you can, as early as you can, before venturing out into the wilderness.
- Enter the building just ahead, labeled the Weapon Development Lab, and run down the corridor into the Monado Lab itself. You’ll be given a cutscene and learn more about the strange sword.
- After the cutscenes, you’ll be put in control of Shulk’s friend and Dunban’s sister, Fiora. Accept the quest to bring Shulk food. Another event is waiting just outside Fiora and Dunban’s home. Afterwards, you’ll see a triangular exclamation point on your minimap. Cross to the wilderness over the town bridge, and follow the path south.
- There are more Little Bunnits and Skeeters on the way. Kill them if you’re looking for extra loot and EXP, otherwise you’re safe getting the lunch to Shulk at the top of the hill.
- Fiora isn’t the toughest, but she can inflict Break on enemies, and has her own backstab attack. But alone, she isn’t very effective or physical to survive combat. Kill the enemies quickly if you engage by using all your Arts, including your Talent Art, as soon as possible.
- Down the path, you’ll reach steps leading up. Follow the linear path through the stairs, and you’ll find Shulk, and an event scene, at the top.
- After that talk, Shulk and Fiora will team up. You’ll also learn about Affinity Cries. By pressing [B] at the right time, you can cure your allies of Daze or Topple, or get them fighting again.
- You can also take the time to switch party leaders. Open the Menu, go to Party, press and hold [C] followed by selecting a character and pressed [A] to make them leader. Go ahead and make Shulk the leader again, and continue to the next objective.
- Time to return to the Lab in the Military District. You know the way. Spend as much time crushing enemies or selling items as you like. With two party members, this is a perfect time to try out some new Arts and crush some insignificant creatures in the process!
- If you don’t want to run, bring up your menu and select the “Skip” option to teleport to the Military District, without even a loud time! Enter the lab for another scene.
- Afterward, Fiora will leave, but Reyn will return. Arts and Skill Trees are now available for leveling-up. Enter the Arts menu and use your AP to level up one Art each for Reyn and Shulk. At this early stage, it doesn’t matter which.
- Then, switch over to the Skill Trees icon. Here, you’ll be able to learn new Skills down three distinct trees. Choose the tree you want to level-up, and as you fight monsters, each of the icons will fill up one at a time. You can switch between the trees whenever you want, but only one skill tree can be filled at any given time.
- Next, you’ll need to travel to the Mag Mell Ruins in Tephra Cave. Follow the marker out of town, and don’t forget to spend some time equipping Reyn, before you leave for your quest. If you can afford it, the Battle Gear is all superior to Reyn’s starting equipment.
- Leave the Colony town through the main entrance and follow the path west. Up the path you’ll reach Tephra Hill.