Xenoblade Chronicles Beginner’s Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- This is where you’ll find some new enemies, like Wood Bunnits, Hand Bunnits, and Little Vangs. Alone, none of them are more dangerous than what you’ve already fought.
- Up the path, you’ll find a swarm of bugs called Ridge Anbols. Kill a few! Infact, kill everything in your path, unless you’re impatient. Some extra levels won’t hurt once you’re inside the cave. During the day, the Anbols will switch out with Caterpiles. Beware facing too many Caterpiles at once, or you might die!
- Luckily, death in Xenoblade isn’t much of a hindrance. If the leader of the party dies, you’ll be taken to your last visited Landmark with no other penalties. Just prepare for another walk!
- At the top of the hill, past the Knuckle Bunnits, you’ll find the entrance to Tephra Cave, and Fiora won’t let you go it alone. After the scene, Fiora will join your group, giving you an even three members to complete your first party.
- Take some time to read about the Party Gauge and how it works for you. Chain Attacks can be performed when your Party Gauge is full by pressing up or down on your Talent Art to toggle the Chain Attack Icon. Party Members can be revived at the cost of one Party Gauge block, and the Party Gauge is increased when your party completes bonuses, criticals, or is doing well in a battle.
- Before entering Tephra Cave, speak with the soldier outside for another sidequest. When you’re all set up, run into the cave!