Xenoblade Chronicles Beginner’s Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Entering Tephra Cave will teach you all about different monster types. Regular enemies like wandering animals won’t bother to attack you unless you attack them, these monsters do not have an icon. When you see an eye icon, that means the monster will attack on sight of your characters. The aggro pointers will appear in those instances, showing you where an enemy is seeing you.
- The first enemies ahead, the Bunnits, have an Eye Icon when you target them. They’ll attack on sight, and offer more of a fight than any enemy you’ve faced so far. Make sure to keep Reyn healed, he’ll draw the most aggro at this point in the game, usually. Use Shulk’s healing Art, easily located by it’s heart icon, and select Reyn to heal him.
- Continuing through the cave, you’ll run into a couple of giant caterpillars with an enormous one in the center. Target him to see that it is a unique monster.
- Unique monsters offer special rewards for defeating them, but they’re generally too difficult for you to fight your first time into an area. Avoid this level 10 creature for now. The Cellar Bugworm will attack on sight. Instead of passing through using the large main path, use the side passage to the left to go up and around the unique monster.
- Cross the land bridge and use the ramp to go down into the chamber, where new Bunnivs are waiting at the bottom. In the corner of the room is another high level unique monster you should try to avoid for now.
- Fight the large enemies in the chamber ahead, and you’ll find the Mag Mel Ruins.