Franz

Anime Artist

50 XP

29th October 2002

0 Uploads

687 Posts

0 Threads

#21 16 years ago

Unfourtuantly a balance that is not entirtely leagal and u are not permitted to talk about it on this forum.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#22 16 years ago

Look guys, I'm not coming down on you for doing what you want, just letting you know that discussing those programs here will get the trhead closed down, and if you persist, get you banned altogether.

I don't make the rules or enforce them, it's just that I don't like seeing popular theads closed while ppl are still interested.

Also Ace101 I've been a member here since 20th May 2002, that only makes, let's see - 5.2 posts a day :lol: :smokin: :dance:

Don't know if I hold the record, any other takers?

Have fun

:cya: :cya: :cya:

:smokin:

STGBen

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd June 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#23 16 years ago

So lets get back on the Photoshop topic!

alt f4

Samurai Master

50 XP

24th June 2003

0 Uploads

48 Posts

0 Threads

#24 16 years ago

Why do you guys want to pirate software? Obviously Discreet or Adobe do deserve that money because they made the damn program. I mean come on! I like Bf1942, but because I don't have the money, I'll download it! The developers took the time to make the game, why not give them some damn money?

Franz

Anime Artist

50 XP

29th October 2002

0 Uploads

687 Posts

0 Threads

#25 16 years ago

Well u must admit they are charging a bit too much as u can buy a good computer for £450.

Zab

BROtastic

50 XP

30th March 2003

0 Uploads

8,186 Posts

0 Threads

#26 16 years ago

wow, this thread hasnt closed down yet...:uhm:

vilramithrang

Rebel

50 XP

6th January 2003

0 Uploads

469 Posts

0 Threads

#27 16 years ago

I agree you should not steal the software, but shit the software should not cost more then my top of the line computer unless it can clean my dishes, brush my teeth, and do my taxes all at the same time.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#28 16 years ago

Yeah, I tend to agree that software costs too much compared to the price of computers.

I remember way back when a new IBM PC was $10,000, and the OS was like - $35 or less for MS-DOS. If Software prices kept pace with Hardware we should be getting our OS's for about $5. Now I know that's rediculous, but M$, by the latest figures, has a markup 5 times as high as the average profit margin, which usually figures in at around 15%, so I guess that 75% of the money you pay M$ for Windows goes straight in Bill's pocket. :lol:

The market is different for programs like 3DS Max, cause their market is a vertical market, not mass market, so they don't have the mass market savings that M$ has with their software, so their profit may not be as high even with the large sums of money it costs the end purchaser. Of course the other thing is, ppl buy 3DS MAX with the expectation that they will be using it to make money (the proffesional modelers that is), and therefore 3DS Max provides a bit more support than is possible to get from M$.

I think there should be a discount for non-business users for some software.

Oh well, dream on, one day I will be able to run all my gaming software on Linux as wasy as windows :lol:

If I could now I would be using Linux on my main machine.

have fun all

:cya: :cya: :cya:

:smokin: