Stu L Tissimus

YOUR WINNER!

50 XP

23rd March 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I would like to try to port some EoD maps to BFV... I heard that conversion is pretty easy. But how do I do it? :p Also... I was thinking of porting El Alamein. :fistpunch: Do you think a map of El Alamein's size would make the game lag a lot?

Go Postal!

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

2nd February 2003

0 Uploads

129 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago
Stu L TissimusI would like to try to port some EoD maps to BFV... I heard that conversion is pretty easy. But how do I do it? :p Also... I was thinking of porting El Alamein. :fistpunch: Do you think a map of El Alamein's size would make the game lag a lot?

Well, copy and paste, then go through the init.con files, and rename anything referring to a BF object to a BFV object. And El Al Should not lag.

Stu L Tissimus

YOUR WINNER!

50 XP

23rd March 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

What do you mean by copy and paste? You can just copy the file over from BF1924 to BFV?

Eagle35

Time to call in the Brit

50 XP

21st August 2002

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
then go through the init.con files, and rename anything referring to a BF object to a BFV object. And El Al Should not lag.

what do you mean with this?

greenbudsmapediting

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

119 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

if you have no mapping experiance try starting that first before you attempt this...if you dont know how to copy and paste over things then start from the beggining and learn how to map before you jump into this...yes they are able to change over but its more than you think.....why does everyone want to go from step 1 to step 10 without doing the steps in the middle...

Airborne_Sniper

Why am I here?

50 XP

24th May 2003

0 Uploads

120 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

How do you go about exporting/importing heightmaps from one game to another?

PLEASE just tell me that and I'll try and figure it out from there :bows:

greenbudsmapediting

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

119 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

just copy the heightmap and paste it into the other one..you want some more help e mail me at [email]greenbudsmapediting@yahoo.com[/email] and ill help you more

Airborne_Sniper

Why am I here?

50 XP

24th May 2003

0 Uploads

120 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
greenbudsmapeditingjust copy the heightmap and paste it into the other one..you want some more help e mail me at [email]greenbudsmapediting@yahoo.com[/email] and ill help you more

But do you mean that I copy it by going into BC42 and extracting it somehow? Or do I use one of the THREE El Al files? Thats were I get confused-- is the heightmap one of those 3 files?

Kiphaas7

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th March 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
Airborne_SniperBut do you mean that I copy it by going into BC42 and extracting it somehow? Or do I use one of the THREE El Al files? Thats were I get confused-- is the heightmap one of those 3 files?

Hello, I am a total nub when it comes to map-editing, I am only interested in this thread because I was wondering if I could convert Wake for BF:V. From what I read in this topic, it shouldn't be easy nor impossible. Like Tissimus, I would like to get some help with this, if it's possible. Just a few links to places where i can find answers would be enough for me. More info would be more then welcome. From what I read in the others posts I noticed they are at the same level of experience like me(=nothing:frog: ). Hope to get some help,:bows: Kiphaas7 P.S. From my humble point of view, I think the files need to be extracted to be albe to edit them. Battlecraft 42? I don't know, downloading it now:naughty:

Kiphaas7

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th March 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Well, i just managed to load the Heightmap in a new 512x512 map. In the minimap I see the distinct shape of wake. Now let's see how to add the water, roads and buildings.... Can I copy these like the heightmap?