mi_trooper

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

31st October 2002

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I’m really bothered by something in BF1942. And yeah most of you wouldn’t lose any sleep over it and to be honest it doesn’t really affect game play, but it sure affects the immersion factor.

So what the hell am I talking about!? Well, Helmets off course! Oh brother, I’m sure you guys have noticed that every soldier in BF1942 that dies lose their helmet. And it doesn’t just fall on the ground or something, nah, it just disappears in thin air...EVERY DAMN TIME!

So, is it possible to modify BF1942 in such a way that the helmets stay on when a soldier dies? Or even better, let the soldiers lose their helmets randomly. It would be great if it was like ‘Day of Defeat’. You know when an explosion is nearby and the helmet just gets blown off. ;) (There’s something for a new patch, Dice!)

If anyone can pull this off in a mod it would be great! But only ‘Detail Freaks’ like myself would really appreciate it...I guess. ;)

p.s. Question to Dice: Why in hell do soldiers get their enemies helmets on their skulls when they pick up an enemy weapon (pack)!?!?!?! It looks so silly, even more so because the helmet disappeared in thin air when the enemy soldier died! <:/

J-MAD-INC

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

28th March 2003

0 Uploads

425 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

sounds cool

happy_new_year

no one died when clinton lied

50 XP

6th March 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

J-MAD-INC dont you have anything usefull to say all you do is say two words thats useles stop

greenbud

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

16th November 2002

0 Uploads

135 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

until now i did know that the helmet isn't there but now your point makes alot of since..helmet there ..die...helmet gone..i think that would be cool to see their helmets get blown off then a great head shot would finish it off...lol...lets all hope:cool:

Jango

D3r M3tzg3rm3ist3r

50 XP

8th March 2003

0 Uploads

98 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

It'd be cool like when a sniper shoots a person in tha head/helmet that instead of disaperin' it shows the enter and exit wounds. mabe if u have BloodFX the sides of the holein the head/helmet. while one the subject solders used there helmats for more than protection and they didn't always have 'em on. mabe a mod could fix that so that fer infantry say every other 3rd person has no helmate (or an up comein' dice or EA patch) :deal: :borg: