[WW2]Franuzz

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th January 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Im making a new map. It has a lot of buildings and sidewalks. I went to test my map, and when I took a tank or jeep, the tires went through the sidewalk. i need help on knowing how to make the sidewalks solid. or do i need to raise the land a bit underneath it? cause i dont want to rearrange all of my buildings just to fit my sidewalk also: 1) How do i make a map, as in a minimap for my map? 2) How do i make boudries?

Gamefreak

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

10th January 2003

0 Uploads

749 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

the side walk has no COL mesh. so you cant do that.

1: are you using battlecraft? is so, then go to the tools menu and genarate in-game map.

2: if your using battlecraft, then go to the material mapper and select the material: Outside Map.

[WW2]Franuzz

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th January 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

ok thanks. i guess i'll replace the sidewalks with a terrain.

[WW2]Franuzz

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th January 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

oh and also, how do i make quick mountains/hills. because rasing the land will take too long

Therabidrabbit

GF makes me horny

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

91 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

For raising and lowering large portionas of terrain easily and fairly quickly, this is what you do. You go to the "terrain view" , to the left of the cut, raise, and even out options are two little tabs. If you click on both of them and click anywhere on the map, you should see a lot of little colored dots in a circle. If you hold down control and click the mouse and move it around you will szelect alot of little colored dots. THen hold down shift and drag the mouse up or down and every dot you had selected will move up and down. you can change the numbers to make you select more or lesss dots at a time. If you just have the farthest button selected then you can move one point up or down by clicking on it. THe tutorial explains how to do this a little better but this is basically how you do it.

Hope this helps. ALso, anyone know how to make collision meshes for trees? i really want vehicles andpeople to not hide on the inside of a tree where no one can see them and shoot out, or to be able to fly through trees. its pissing me off on a couple of my maps.

[WW2]Franuzz

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th January 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

thanks for the info guys. is there a way to raise water? or am i forced to lower my land all the way down?

Gamefreak

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

10th January 2003

0 Uploads

749 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

you can raise and lower water by pressing page up and page down on your keyboard.

Reborngg

Gamers Generation

50 XP

9th June 2003

0 Uploads

591 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Keep tapping "page up" just holding it wont work.. "tap" that button like no 2morrow and ull soon see some water ;D

[WW2]Franuzz

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th January 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

1)how do i make the boudry lines on the map/ minimap 2)how do i make oak trees solid? 3)how do i make a loading map?