InsertNameHere

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

18th January 2003

0 Uploads

92 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Just for fun, I figured I'd try to get the Sten and bayonet rifles into regular BF1942. I got the M1 Garand in fine, but for some reason I can't get these to work. I remember someone else mentioning that they did, could someone please help me? I included the meshes, textures, sounds, animations, objects files, etc. It still crashes, w/o any message in the log file.

Hot Shot 12

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

5th September 2002

0 Uploads

628 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Obviously you've done something wrong. Is this mod you are doing running through RTR? If it is then you do not need to include animations and meshes. If not, then if you release it you will get in trouble. Unless you make your own models and skins, dont release it.:frog:

psychoslaphead

ET in Arcadia Ego

50 XP

4th January 2003

0 Uploads

161 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

You don't need to go to all that trouble. Just add the Xpack1 directory to your mod path in init.con, and edit the object.rfa or whatever to add them to the kits. I had a Bf110 flying in a Bocage map in 10 minutes. You're going about it the hard way.

I'm with Hotshot, you don't want to distribute copyrighted material that they are charging money for...

InsertNameHere

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

18th January 2003

0 Uploads

92 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Everyone keeps saying that. If someone designs a new skin for a weapon and changes it's specs and then releases it tot he public, it isn't illegal. I'm recoding the weapon specs, I just need the model, texture, and animations. People aren't paying for just a sten and bayonets, they're paying for new maps, new vehicles, and new armies. Technically, it's illegal to reverse engineer the game at all. We do. DICE doesn't care. If I release a Sten to the public, do you really think that DICE or EA is gonna come after me and sure if I don't release a new sten-free version? No. Anyway, I decided to hell with it and removed the Sten, Mauser KAR98 with baonet and No4 with bayonet. I removed all traces. Deleted the weapons files, all references to them in animation files, the textures, the models, sounds, kits, everything. The game still crashes with no message in log files. I've gone through every file I edited with a fine-toothed comb, there's nothing to do with the weapons at all. For some reason, though, no maps will load! I only gave the Brits the bayonet and the Sten, so I could test them. I tried Midway, and that doesn't load. I remember turning up plane speeds and never testing, so I tried loading Berlin (it has no planes). Still crashes. Is there any way to tell what file the game's on, based on where the progress bar is? I really need help! :eek: :( :mad:

psychoslaphead

ET in Arcadia Ego

50 XP

4th January 2003

0 Uploads

161 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Believe me I have plenty experience crashing the program with my mods. The only way I know, is to do like you have been and retrace your steps. I've had to pull up original and modified cons side by side and go line by line to find a problem before.

InsertNameHere

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

18th January 2003

0 Uploads

92 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I've compared every file I edited, still no effect. I can't find the problem; I might as well restart my mod from scratch. And stupid me, I deleted my old files that worked because I was "sure" that I would get the new guns to work. My mod is broken. I was considering testing some of the .RFAs by themsleves (Game, objects, texture, etc.). The real problem seems to be in Animations.RFA. That's really the only one I edited that much (objects only had the weapons in Items and folders in HandWeapons. They used other files already in Game/damage_system). There wouldn't usually be much in the animation file, but I changed the grenade names to their actual names. It took a while, but I might end up having to totally remake Animations.RFA! Goddammit...nobody try to do this, it'll just end up breaking your mod.

psychoslaphead

ET in Arcadia Ego

50 XP

4th January 2003

0 Uploads

161 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I feel for you man. The cons are just mystifying at times. Among other things, I had a bomb mod that instantly blew up my plane when you hit the secondary fire button instead of dropping away, until I moved the SAME object templates up a couple of lines, then it worked fine. I have no idea why this happened or why what I did fixed it - the original instructions made sense to me.

Good luck on your mod.

Hot Shot 12

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

5th September 2002

0 Uploads

628 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

I know what you mean about that animations.rfa. It has really caused alot of problems for me too.:(

Tyler Jezek

I post to get attention

50 XP

24th February 2003

0 Uploads

67 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Try to make a gatlin gun and put it in !! that would rock :rock:

Maps, Skins, Mods, and More! The Ultimate Battlefield 1942 Resource!

InsertNameHere

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

18th January 2003

0 Uploads

92 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Gatling is (kind of) in DC. I just got the mod last night, and I think I went through three pairs of boxers the first time I played it. It. Is. Amazing! I thought MY mod kicked major ass. Of course, mine's a realism mod and DC is modern warfare. I'm going to end up re-coding animations from scratch and I'm gonna hope it helps.:mad: :mad: :mad: