ikol

www.bfaustralia.com/nameless

50 XP

20th April 2003

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

EA make out that Cheating is prevalent and is enabled by modders, which is simply not the facts. Cheating I have found is very rare and doesn't warrant putting modders and Merciless in particular, out in the cold. :mad:

happy_new_year

no one died when clinton lied

50 XP

6th March 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

i agree :cool:

Raptorrat

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

27th November 2002

0 Uploads

201 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

I said it before on numerous fora, But I'll say it again:

There will always be cheaters. No matter what you do,

And there aren't that much in BF.

ikol

50 XP

20th April 2003

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

What can you do about the 1.4 Patch? Write a brief EMAIL to EA outlining your dismay at their patch implications ( [email]BFHQ@ea.com[/email] ) and SIGN THE PETITION: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/bf42mods/

J-MAD-INC

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

425 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

People quit tripoping on the patch. The mods *(WILL)* work. just not the customs skins. merciless will be out of a job. but not mods the patch will run mods. just not custom skins

ikol

50 XP

20th April 2003

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

The custom skins and in particular the Merciless ones add color, life and above all realism to the game that is otherwise lacking. The patch will run mods but only on servers that support those particular mods and you have to find the servers available which is not so easy to do most of the time. Where is our freedom as gamers to choose how our game looks and is played?

EA are encroaching on our freedom as gamers and using cheaters as an excuse.

Hellgramite_IV

Hells' Magistrate

50 XP

17th February 2003

0 Uploads

195 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Yes without Merciless, BF looks dead. And EA has tried to prevent cheating in other of their games and to this day it has not worked. For example Ultima Online is similar to BF in a multiplayer way. And patches to prevent cheatng were issued every other day, sometimes 3 times in one day. But it never stopped the cheating. Most of the UO cheats were server hacks not client side hacks.So in short this will do nothing more than destroy the artistic nature of good people, and in essence the game itself.Hence the reason I quit playing UO.

ikol

50 XP

20th April 2003

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

It's so simple EA: Which is more popular? Modding/Skinning or Cheating? DUH!