Xan

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

16th June 2002

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I was playing last night, and I got to thinking how cool it'd be if there was a plane with a big cargo hold to transport troops. It would be an awesome sight to see 8-10 people jump out the back of a Hercules transport and parachutte down behind enemy lines.

If you don't know what the Hercules is..

"The KC-130 Hercules is a multi-role, multi-mission tactical tanker/transport. These versatile aircraft can also perform rapid ground refueling and aerial delivery of troops and cargo, tactical insertion of combat troops and equipment and evacuation missions."

Taken from: http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/military_KC-130.html

You could also have the back cargo door to open and close like the landing craft, just incase you are trying to do loops and all your guys fall out the back, lol. :p

Xan

50 XP

16th June 2002

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I saw on some other forum just before that a CH-47 Chinook was mentioned too. That'd be awesome for small maps and aircraft carriers. Fit half a dozen guys into it and parachute in, meanwhile the pilot can go land somewhere safe and wait for the pickup request..

soldier boy

4pH3r my l33t talk1ng

50 XP

30th October 2002

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

yhea that would have been cool !:) "aplha one clear for take off" "roger aplha one you have clearence to take off" vrooom! that would have been reaaaaally cool!!:dance: :dropsjar:

Dr. Yoshi

MEDIC!!!

50 XP

4th September 2002

0 Uploads

123 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Maybe you should suggest that to the Desert Combat team. I'm sure they'd appreciate it!

Xan

50 XP

16th June 2002

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I just found on another forum that someone has made one, but hasn't released it yet. It looks absolutely awesome!

I dunno if i'm allowed to post the link, but here goes: http://bf1942forums.gameservers.nl/showthread.php?s=&postid=112797