BryanNitro

B-Man Master of the Tanks.

50 XP

25th April 2003

0 Uploads

94 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Ok i have come up with an idea that will be one of the biggest eralism boosts for battlefield 1942, it alters the terrain so when an explostion happens it will leave a good sized hole or dent in the ground.

I will need some good coders and maybe if Ea games likes what we did they will buy it from us

I got this idea from Red Faction :assimilate:

If you want to join my E-mail is www.bryanhummer@softcom.net :deal:

Fezarella

Lacoste

50 XP

17th December 2002

0 Uploads

6,610 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

but this might leave problems for tanks etc... runway strips on island maps big holes are gonna lead to water or what if they are deep enough. seems to be more trouble than it's worth

Recruit Snyder

Mod Collector

50 XP

13th December 2002

0 Uploads

264 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Sorry, you don't need good coders for that. You need a miracle.

ghost77

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

18th December 2002

0 Uploads

209 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

LOL!! good one snyder!!

Recruit Snyder

Mod Collector

50 XP

13th December 2002

0 Uploads

264 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

;) Okay, in other words ... you cannot alter the terrain in-game. You could insert destructible objects like a bridge or a bunker that can be blown up, you could even place a few custom objects that look like terrain in certain spots which can take damage from artillery or explosives, disappear and leave a hole or something. But you cannot build the terrain (visible surface) as a whole by placing hundreds or thousands of such handmade objects. Your map won't load. It would take a year or two of hard work (modelling, skinning objects) until you find out that your map won't load. That's why I said you need a miracle. The BF42 engine doesn't support this type of terrain and it most probably can't handle any workaround (like the custom object thing). But you should talk to a mapper first. ;)

BryanNitro

50 XP

25th April 2003

0 Uploads

94 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

And there would be problems for tanks you could get stranded in a hole "but that could happen in real life to"

To make things simple, like buildings for example the buildings walls are thick or have a thick mess to make them thick. I also when haveing water in a map you have multiple layers, we should be able to do the same for the terrain

and if you have played red faction you should know what I mean:rock:

I also have pics from red faction to show you what it would look like next post will have them

BryanNitro

50 XP

25th April 2003

0 Uploads

94 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Me with the c4

BryanNitro

50 XP