GameFront relaunches 11th March 2018! 25 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

261,350 XP

15th December 2002

58 Uploads

22,222 Posts

1,588 Threads

#1 3 months ago

Great news! We're proud to say that, assuming there are no major issues that crop up (touch wood!) we will be relaunching the new GameFront site to the world this weekend, Sunday, March 11 2018. We just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has given feedback, contributed files, or just been a part of this community, you have all helped to make this a reality. You're awesome. Enjoy the trailer. smilie.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zsl6OrLWN4

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Last edited by FileTrekker 3 months ago

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

563,484 XP

28th July 2002

7 Uploads

52,994 Posts

1,318 Threads

#2 3 months ago

w00t

<Insert Signature Here>

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

40,393 XP

12th June 2008

24 Uploads

3,531 Posts

188 Threads

#3 3 months ago

Exciting!

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer

MrDamage

413 XP

11th March 2018

1 Uploads

4 Posts

1 Threads

#4 3 months ago

Hi,

Now you have relaunched are you longer supporting files for some old games you used to support? Games such as Quake, Quake2 , Kingpin, Sof, Sof2 etc. These games no longer show in your games list.

Also after your relaunch I had to reregister. Was that expected or is it a bug?

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

563,484 XP

28th July 2002

7 Uploads

52,994 Posts

1,318 Threads

#5 3 months ago
Posted by MrDamage Hi,

Now you have relaunched are you longer supporting files for some old games you used to support?
Games such as Quake, Quake2 , Kingpin, Sof, Sof2 etc.
These games no longer show in your games list.

Also after your relaunch I had to reregister. Was that expected or is it a bug?

Some games do have missing files. We've set up a system where users who have copies of the missing files and re-upload them and they will automatically update their correct game listings.

You can see the missing files info for Quake, Quake 2, and SoF2.

For games that are missing completely, when you upload a file there is an option you can select if the game is not listed.

If you registered your new account with the same email as an existing account it should link properly. If it did not, contact @Mikey

<Insert Signature Here>

MrDamage

413 XP

11th March 2018

1 Uploads

4 Posts

1 Threads

#6 3 months ago

Hi,

I think you misunderstood me. The games no longer show up in your games list. I know about the missing files list, over the last year or so I have uploaded over 300 files, mainly for Kingpin: Life of Crime but others also. Now Kingpin is no longer on your games list and all the files are gone.

Basement Cat

175 XP

31st October 2017

0 Uploads

6 Posts

1 Threads

#7 3 months ago

Congratulations, everyone!  Here's a tip of the hat to you all.  You've been working on this for a long time (and I made some modest suggestions along the way) and now it's SHOWTIME!!!

Here's to hoping everything works out! dance.gif

FileTrekker Über Admin

261,350 XP

15th December 2002

58 Uploads

22,222 Posts

1,588 Threads

#8 3 months ago
Posted by MrDamage Hi,

I think you misunderstood me. The games no longer show up in your games list.
I know about the missing files list, over the last year or so I have uploaded over 300 files, mainly for Kingpin: Life of Crime but others also.
Now Kingpin is no longer on your games list and all the files are gone.

Hi, the files are not gone but the files you refer to were during the period of time GameFront was a temporary mirror of ModDB.

So all the content you're looking for will still appear if you hotlink directly to it, but it will redirect you to the ModDB version. Also you can search for it here;

http://www.moddb.com/

ModDB is our sister site.

We're very sorry about this, and I hope you will stick around and enjoy the new GameFront.

FileTrekker Über Admin

261,350 XP

15th December 2002

58 Uploads

22,222 Posts

1,588 Threads

#9 3 months ago

Also just to answer the question about supported games, we will support any game, if it is not already listed, you can add it on the Upload File page and it will get added.

intense Über Admin

Gaming websites is my jam

242 XP

9th October 2017

4 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#10 3 months ago

@MrDamage  I saw you have done an absolutely amazing job restoring content for awesome games Kingpin and others. Rest assured the content you have added will be ported to the new GameFront, you will not need to add it again. I'll work with team to make that happen. Just be patient, there is a ton of content to bring across - but it's super important to us it is all listed and it will remain available via http://www.moddb.com/games/kingpin/addons should you wish to continue submitting it there as well.