I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.
15th December 2002
Sorry for the lack of website updates lately, but we've been working on various bug fixes and improvements and I am happy to report the following update has rolled out today;
Improved Upload Experience
We've been working to improve the upload experience for users, and while there's more work to do, here are the changes deployed today;
- There is now a minimum character limit imposed on upload descriptions, to ensure files are uploaded with an appropriate description so users understand what the file is, how it works etc.
- If the game you are uploading a file for does not exist, there's now a clear menu option allowing you to choose "Suggest a Game" more easily and preventing conflicts during upload.
- If you try to suggest a game that already exists, the uploader will gracefully send you to the existing game which will prevent issues with uploads.
- You can now specify the description and color scheme for a suggested game directly from the uploader.
- Various bug fixes and improvements to prevent stalled or failed uploads.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
We have also made the following general bug fixes and improvements;
- Some files were resulting in NGINX errors when downloading rather than the file, this has been resolved.
- Some legacy FilesNetwork / FileFront Network files were not redirecting to their new URLS, this is now resolved.
- The header image occasionally displaying an older version due to caching has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where videos would sometimes disappear from the latest video list.
- Various improvements to staff moderation / admin tools
- General bug fixes for the support ticket system
Danny King | Editor-in-Chief | GameFront.com