Suleyman_Eisenhower

Ottoman Janissary

50 XP

3rd May 2006

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

The Siege and Battle of Vienna - 1683 map is coming soon (estimated time 1-2 weeks). I am working on the final tweaks. It will be full of replayability because the choice dialogs will give plenty of options. In this historical map you will play as the Ottoman Turks in their attempt to capture Vienna in 1683. Your hero: Grand Vizier Kara Mustafa Pasha. The enemy hero: Emperor Leopold I. Alliances will be formed and broken. Revolts and civil wars will erupt in both your nation and the enemy nation. Great leaders will die in battle. You will command the glorious janissaries in battle, but you'll have the option of using other units. Reinforcements will arrive and stop arriving. Units will be disabled and unlocked throughout the game. The battles will stretch from Russia to the Adriatic Sea. Extra in-game music when there is a turn of events will spice up the mission. One of my main goals right now is to keep the mission length reasonable (40-60 minutes). I am also trying to allow for a variety of military strategies but I also want to prevent you from winning by simply "rushing" the unprepared enemy. I also don't want the enemy rushing you. Final tweaks should be done in 1 or 2 weeks.

Nixsesius

Aoe3files Site Manager

50 XP

24th January 2006

0 Uploads

530 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Sounds good, any screenis you want to share?

O'nieal

Ooopps...

50 XP

28th February 2005

0 Uploads

305 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Yes yes, I'd like to see some screenies...:D I'm interested in seeing your skills as a map maker... That way Nero can have some Compitition... Which as we all know increases quality.:naughty: :beer:

Suleyman_Eisenhower

Ottoman Janissary

50 XP

3rd May 2006

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Well, I'm not really a mapper, so I probably can't compete with experienced mappers and modders. I mostly play on ESO. However, after I suffered some defeats and couldn't bring my rank above a Major I decided to spend some time making a scenario. Since I have to do a lot of balancing and unit changes screenshots I show you might not be final. My graphics card is also horrible. the screenshot with the culverins is not final - some culverins were removed (obviously 20 was too many). which maps has nero made? just wondering

SCG

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

8th June 2004

0 Uploads

201 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Hey! Not bad at all Suleyman :) I'm looking forward to it's release.

Might I suggest though a few more nature/embelishment objects such as grass, bushes, flowers, etc just to make it look a little more natural though.

Also does the scenario contain any cinematics?

Glad to see you found the right place to post your advertisment ;)

Suleyman_Eisenhower

Ottoman Janissary

50 XP

3rd May 2006

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

There are several cinematics. Most of these will occur in the beginning because the AI likes to move their units immediately (when I experimented with late-game cinematics the AI often moved their units away from the camera). Thanks for reminding me to put more embellishment; now that I think of it, the game map does look rather plain.One question: How do I make the screen rotate in the camera tracks?

SCG

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

8th June 2004

0 Uploads

201 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

You create camera tracks by setting way points of where you want the camera to go. So all you need to do is set a point facing one direction, rotate the camera and then set a second way point facing a different direction. Just be careful though with camera tracks rapidly changing direction. I don't know about AOEIII but in AOM tracks often went psycho on you unless you gradually changed the orientation.

CaveTown

Im Town, CaveTown

50 XP

9th April 2005

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago
Well, I'm not really a mapper, so I probably can't compete with experienced mappers and modders.

You can become better if you keep making things. You should put skies in the background for images that have backgrounds with black areas in them like this image from my campaign Roanoke 2: Mysteries of the Ones(Ones is said as the words owns)... http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i78/CaveTown_/age32006-04-2123-51-24-79.jpg It uses the Night sky. Here is one that uses the Day sky. http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i78/CaveTown_/age32006-04-2123-47-57-21.jpg

GenRommel

WTF and IS Mod Dev

50 XP

6th May 2006

0 Uploads

331 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

He is uploading it right now!!!:D So he tells me!

Suleyman_Eisenhower

Ottoman Janissary

50 XP

3rd May 2006

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

I have uploaded version 1.00 and it is waiting for validation. The map was finished a bit earlier than I expected. Hopefully it will be validated soon and ready for download.:)