I didn't make it!
I would like some help for AoE3 mp over the lan. When i try to start a game up for my friends who are using the same network as me, whether or not that is relevant, it says my game but then it has something i didnt put after the name: TheConqueror's- CrC mismatch. But when my friends try to join each other's game, they can do so without problems. When we actually click join, regardless of who hosts, it says Error: Version mismatch. However, we have each updated the game to 1.10. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong? Specs for my friends laptops: Pentium M 2.0 Ghz 1 GB RAM 128MB Intel 950 integrated, (yes it barely runs AoE3) For my desktop: Pentium D 2.8 GHz 1GB RAM 256 MB GeForce 7600GT
I think Mary Poppins is fit.
13th July 2006
The following information taken from the official ES FAQ should help you;
[COLOR=blue]Q. What does CRC mismatch mean?[/COLOR] CRC mismatches commonly occur when a player's version of the game does not match the version of the game they are trying to join. Below are a few common causes of versions not matching:
- Your game is cracked.
- You are running the game using a "no-cd check" executable.
- The patch did not install correctly - you probably have to reinstall the game
- You made modifications to your files in the game Startup folder such as game.cfg - Most people who have disabled the cinematics or added other things in game.cfg or other .cfg files are getting a CRC Mismatch error - Undo ANY changes made to your .cfg files and the problem should be fixed; otherwise, reinstall the game.
- You made edits or installed a mod that edited one of the .xml game files; such as proto.xml - Undo ANY changes made to your .xml game files and the problem should be fixed; otherwise, reinstall the game.
- You are running an unauthorized version of this game.