aragorns_my_uncle

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

18th June 2004

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

can anyone tell me how to put one object on top of another one, like a having a house on top of a fortress? it'd be really good if you could tell me

SCG

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

8th June 2004

0 Uploads

201 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Well . . . there is only one way that I know of and that is to raise the terrain, place the house on top and then slide the fortress underneath in such a way that it is still at ground level.

shimano55

AoE3 Files Vice *****

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

1,462 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

hehe

I've never tried that approach, but it sounds like it should work.

Sorry that I cant really help on this one

Dont_Worry_Be_Happy

Hey Everyone

50 XP

10th May 2004

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

It seems too hard to place building on top of each other just by lifting the terrain and moving the building below or above each other there must be another way........:confused:

pacosgames

Life is always a challenge!

50 XP

29th March 2004

0 Uploads

65 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

It's not hard at all, lol, I do it all the time, it's no different than just placing buildings or scenery on the map. Good luck!

aragorns_my_uncle

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

18th June 2004

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

thanks for your help

aragorns_my_uncle

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

18th June 2004

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

i tried that but it didn't work, the fortress just went on top of the terrain and they just slid into each other again, is there a better way?

Auron_2

Fade to Black

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

91 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

the only way is to create several elevations to create a visual effect of a building being "on top" of eachother

Overman

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

1st September 2004

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

well if you have the titans expansion and the x-editor 3 addon (download from aomfiles)its easy...click on the building...objects, scale unit, then press the position unit button on the toolbar that popped up. a new toolbar will apear and just use that toolbar to place it whereever you want...i did a floating castle with clouds and whatnot was pretty cool.

aragorns_my_uncle

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

18th June 2004

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

that didn't work either (overman's suggestion), i want the building to go on top of the other one, not just become bigger so it just pokes out the top, i want it to be like how that Oscar guy does his sceenshots and stuff