Designer of the darker side
28th March 2004
THE RING OF THE NIBELUNGEN. Act 1: THE RHINE GOLD STUDIO: The Vandhaal ( member of Tsunami studios) PROGRESS:completed RELEASE DATE: 23-03-2005 TYPE: Campaign Mixed game types Rpg/ Fixed forces/ Build and destroy INFO:
The Norns discover that their spinningwheel has made a knot in the rope of time... It is an ill omen. The Dark Alba will rise. He will change the worlds of mortals..and gods...forever....in the end, he can cause the downfall of the light Alba himself Alberich the Nibelungen(A Nightdwarfs) steals the magical Rhinegold from the Daughters of the Rhine...With the powers this treasure holds he finally can fullfill his longlast dream: to become the ruler of Nibelheim and the entire world. As Alberich and his army start their tour of destruction he is not aware that he will play a key role in a deal between Wotan ,the supreme leader of the gods, and the Titans....
The Campaign will take you from the underground world of Nibelheim along the various races which live along the river Rhine up into the realm of the gods themselves and... back.You take controle of Alberich, his generals and his legions as they proceed to meet their destiny... Alberich ( Nibelungen) The tyrant Nibelungen who steals the magical Rhinegold from the Rhinedaughters. He forces his brother Mime to forge the magical ring from it. Mime (Nibelungen) The brother of Alberich. Although he is afraid of his brutal brother do not judge him to swift as a poor character. Mime is the best blacksmith in Nibelheim Wotan (Gods) The lord of the gods. Wotan walkes a lot among the mortals in different shapes. One well known shape is as a giant wolf. He has felt the growing powers of the Titans and is afraid that they will revolt one day. Loge (Spirits) The servant of Wotan or as Alberich calls him : the slave of Wotan. because Wotan has forbidden Loge to change ever again into his elemental form without permission. Loge dreams of the day he can change into his fireform and scorge the earth again. Loge is a trickster and a clever mind.. Fafner (Titans) The oldest of all Titans.Because of his long live he loses his interest in the world around him more and more each day. He and his brother Fasolt are the rulers of all Titans and the fathers of the giants Fasolt (Titans) The titans where always oppressed by the gods but Fasolt was the first who's mind was set to get freedom for the Titans. Although the time had not yet been come to confront the gods He and the other Titans had gained much strenght over the past ages. Please Notice: above images are artist impressions ..so NO mods..You all probably know to which units in the game they referre If you like to see/read more about some of the other characters please go to the artwork pages. Not all main characters are mentioned so you will encounter some more in the campaign
- 8 playable and 10 full cinematic scenarios
- Playable scenarios have mixed styles: rpg, ff, b&d
- Playable scenarios contain many cinematic parts
- Some cinematics are very detailed some are to tell the story
- Maps are very detailed and have personalized location features (some of you call this eyecandy I just call it detailed)
- Rpg scenarios contain *"simple" puzzles and *"simple" interaction (like bying stuff, choosing turning points, talk, etc.[whisper]*At least: In my point of view they are simple[/whisper]
- Some scenarios contain weather conditions
- The sound/dialoque tracks are based on Leitmotifs just as the original opera.
- A nice story line. Links to the next parts of this tale (The valkyries, Siegfried and the twillight of the gods) are embedded in the storyline.
- For the techlovers amongst you: Campaign contains some nice trigger work (I lost count on how many but who cares...)
- In some scenarios the player can use the Rings shapeshifting power.
- 18 custom made overlay images.
- Well a lot more of stuff which you have find out yourself.
Scenario descriptions: Here are some short discriptions of the misc scenarios. The indication of the difficulty level is based on the comments of the Playtesters. Some found the games hard some easy so it is really depending on your own skills and how concentrated you play...so just see them as they are.... just as indications ! I have tried as good as possible to make a nice mix so that there will be something for everyone in the campaign ( New guys and more expereinced guys).
- Scen1: Full cinematic
- Scen2: Simple introduction Rpg with average difficulty level
- Scen3: Full cinematic
- Scen4: Skipable instruction cinematic
- Scen5: Begins as simple Rpg/FF and ends in B&D style. Average difficulty level
- Scen6: Full cinematic
- Scen7: Basic B&D game with average difficulty level
- Scen8: Begins with a simple Rpg/FF and ends in B&D style. Average difficulty level
- Scen9: skipable instruction cinematic
- Scen10: Full cinematic
- Scen11: Starts with a simple FF style and ends in a simple Rpg/Puzzle. Average difficulty level.
- Scen12: Full long cinematic
- Scen13: More complex Rpg. Higher difficulty level
- Scen14: Full cinematic
- Scen14: Basic B&D game with average difficulty level
- Scen16: Full cinematic
- Scen17: Basic B&D game with higher difficulty level
- Scen18: Full cinematic
Screenshots, Artworks and Wmv movie Screenshots To view some preview screenshots please go to the Vandhaals Aom screenshots pages:
Artworks Info and images on/of the main characters and special made artwork Screenshots can be found in the Aom artwork sector of The vandhaal website:
[Click here to see an enlarged version from the above Artwork] Wmv movie You can download a little Media player movie version from the cinematic called: Clash with the Gibichungen (scen 12). Runtime aprox. 26 minutes
- Download the CRAPPY version. Low quality +/-15 mb zipped files
- Download the NORMAL version. A bit better quality +/- 36 mb zipped files.
Wagners Ring saga The Rhine Gold is based on the first Opera in the Ring of the Nibelungen cyclus by Richard Wagner Wagners Ring of the Nibelungen cyclus consist out of 4 operas.Besides great music, you all will probably know The Ride of the valkyries, the story is an interesting mix of heroes/ magic/ battle/death/deceipt.Wagners Operas are based upon the old tale of Das Nibelungen Lied (German, Low Lands and Norse myths) The 4 operas are called: (1) The Rhine Gold (current campaign project) (2) The Valkyrie (possible next project..who kowns...) (3) Siegfried (possible next project ..who knows..) (4) Twillight of the gods (possible next projects..who knows) Act 2: The Valkyrie Act 3: Siegfried Act 4: Twillight of the Gods If you like to read a short description of the other 3 parts of this tale, please along this way
Playtesters: I like to thank all the playtesters again for their work.
- Felix Hermansson
- Cave Town
Final release notes: IMPORTANT: Please follow the instructions indicated in the Read me file !! This file contains the IN and UN- install instructions furthermore some important game play information is given. SO PLEASE READ IT ! Some things in advance: SAVE the scenarios often !! READ carefully everything !! TAKE your time as some scenarios have a long play time so I suggest you play in sessions !! EXPLORE carefully around some clues for riddles in later scenarios can be found in earlier scenarios HAVE fun !!
More info and Contact Email or visit The Vandhaal website if you like to know more or just leave a reaction. email [email="email@example.com"]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email] web New website: http://www.vandhaal.elpea.net Old website: www.geocities.com/the_vandhaal New website mirror: New website mirror Forum: The vandhaal forum
I don't spend enough time here
21st March 2005
Good job Vandhaal. Very impressive.
Life is always a challenge!
29th March 2004
The Ring of Nibelungen has been updated. I will be sending the file to AOM Files Staff, could you please send me an email once you have the file uploaded to your database! Thanks, Pacosgames(www.gamingextremes.us the official host of the vandhaal campaigns)
Designer of the darker side
28th March 2004
Thanx for putting up the updated version staff ! As I can't see any way to update (edit) the main topic in this thread I will post it here. The Download page for The Ring of The Nibelungen act1: The Rhinegold on Aomfiles.com can be found here: http://ageofmythology.filefront.com/file/;40990 best regards, The Vandhaal p.s. and thanx again for your effort Paco