plz, need a head!
18th February 2004
Runner runnin around for quite some time,.... and still have questions about this: 1: What is the phisics and gravity law in upside down pouncing? sometimes it even looks like youre going to land on the ceiling again. You pounce to the ceiling w/ walwalk on... you end lookin the same way or just turn artound your view. (usefull with someone on your back) Two drones walk into a bar...:beer: Enough, they pounce on eacho other and have the same amount of life, who wins? who pounces first or second? Please answer or post other more interesting Avp misteries.
30th June 2003
Interesting questions, but you have to remember, it just a game, the phisics put in the game where made up by the programmers.
About the drones pouncing at each other, I think they would both have the same effect on each other, whether they hurt each other or killed each other.
And also, when an alien pounces, you can slightly change the movement of the jump in mid jump, talk about defying the laws of phisics. :lol: but its just a game.
plz, need a head!
18th February 2004
Well, the fact that you can move to one side or brake in mid air is usefull to. One thing is sure for the pouncin thing: Runner always loose... I know its just a game, but keep wondering waht happens when you land upside down. pus ive also read: "its a game that obeys almost all the laws of phisics, especially when a 500 kg beast, fliyng at 50 mp/h will be smashing trough a thin door, especially when there is nothing but green goo left" Also try this: go to alesserfate, walk into one of the towers so you look to the sky, now pounce and lower the view so you can seethe horizon. start moving your sight left (or right) in the air.look at the other players reactions. you can get dizzy, but its really fun!:lol:
[ S.S ] Phoenix Knight
4th January 2004
1) Hehe, tough one. Hanging upside down and pouncing does seem to occasionally throw u off. I'm not really sure (I haven't really paid any attention to it before) but I think it's got something to do with pouncing while running (upside down). I think if u stay still ur more likely to get the pounce trajectory u want. :uhm: Dunno though. 2) Another tough one. Something else I hadn't really thought about before. I think it's the alien who pounces second. This would makes sense as there would be less power in the pounce the farther it travels (the intial spring is powerful and lose momentum the farther u travel). I might be wrong though. Like I say, I never made an effort to find out for definate.
GF Pwns Me!
20th July 2004
Nuhrahn One thing is sure for the pouncin thing: Runner always loose...[/QUOTE]They don't always loose, hehe.. u obviusly dont play runner much. a gd runner can take on an SGer and win! [QUOTE=Nuhrahn] Q: Two drones walk into a bar...:beer: Enough, they pounce on eacho other and have the same amount of life, who wins? who pounces first or second?
A: the drone that pounces second I'm a pounce freak hehe... so here goes.
- pouncing does work on the law of physics
- you pounce in an arc
- the arc depends on the angle you look at when you pounce (higher you look, the higer the apex of your ark will be)
- for long distance its getting the aim right
- 1. too low you barely leave the floor
- 2. too high and you go up more than forwards
- pouncing in a vent with either runner or dron, aim into the floor to get a decent distance in a vent
- it does depend on how u pounce & how u land on the ceiling that determines whether you can carry on the way you want or if you r turned through 180
- pouncing from the ceilng... gravity is down! so u go in a slight downward arc or near enough a straight line.
- 1. Aim at enemy at close range
- 2. Aim above at medium range
- wall is the same as ceiling... but always aim slightly high on target
- to get increased pounce range
- 1. wall walk up a virtical surface that has a 90degree top on it
- 2. as u start to run over the corner onto the top, pounce when u'r body gets to about a 45 degree angle
- 3. again this can be fine tuned by where u are looking as well
With that method u can beat a Predalien for pounce distance! but since u won't be able to see an intended pounce victim it takes practice & luck to land on 1. Use it mostly for covering ground on large open maps such as Alesserfate, Depot, Compound etc. once u got the hang of the physics of how u pounce and how it affects the bug, u can get some gd ranged accurate pounces in. Fine tuning your pounce isnt a glitch. How do skydivers move around? they have nothing to shove off do they? its all about aerodynamics... by putting out a hand, claw or tail to the left, will increese drag on the left side causing u to travel to the left, fine tuning your pounce in mid air especially on long pounces can somtimes make the differance between a hit and a miss