movielou

I am Ghost Rider F-U

50 XP

19th June 2006

0 Uploads

168 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

in the primal hunt expantion pack do the classes replace the original i just ordered the game

Kulaman

Sniper's Nightmare

50 XP

10th October 2005

0 Uploads

94 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

do you mean in multiplayer? the Ancient Predator is added as a fifth option for preds to choose.

movielou

I am Ghost Rider F-U

50 XP

19th June 2006

0 Uploads

168 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

no i mean single player

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 11 years ago

The single player campaigns have a corporate one for the humans. You get new weapons but the game doesn't screw up your avp2 game at all. when you have avp2ph you just need to put the avp2ph CD in and the game will launch but you won't be able to play avp2. And if you do multiplayer it might be a little difficult to switch back and forth between the games because you will need to use your cd key and for some reason it just gives ya trouble. Like for instance if you were sharing your CD key with someone. It's basically a different game almost. So it doesn't add anything to avp2 you'll still need your avp2 disc if you want to play avp2. Even on your hard drive, when everything is installed you'll have 2 folders Aliens versus PRedator 2 and Primal Hunt, each folder has the particular resources for each game.

movielou

I am Ghost Rider F-U

50 XP

19th June 2006

0 Uploads

168 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

yea but its an expantion pack tht doesnt make sense cuz it says it needs the game

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 11 years ago

Yes i know of this but however I believe it was just intended to make sure you have ownership of the originial game. But then look at this, avp2ph doesn't come with an extra Cd key, I never found one even when it said look at the CD case, nothign was there I needded to use this avp2 cd key in order to play online so that is one thing you may need from the original game in order to play avp2ph online at least or if you need help register w.e. Not certain but some of the game resources from avp2 that were installed onto whatever media you put it in may not be written to the avp2ph disc. Avp2ph has all the updates that were required for the avp2 like the 1096 and the multiplayer monolith map updates and single player fixes that were released. I believe there may have been updates released for avp2ph but I haven't touched the game in a long time. My game was damaged also and maybe they give me fresh copy of avp2ph Idk. IT all runs on lithtech engine and I believe that a couple of different companies were employed for the production of the game a little different then the ones that were involved in the originial. All run on same engine and same graphics and stuff only a couple of modifications, one interesting thing is that with predator you can rapidly punch which you can't do in avp2. I don't have enough experience with it to know every single different aspect but I'm sure there are some nice fixes in there maybe they finally have some .abc for players when they swim underwater

Kulaman

Sniper's Nightmare

50 XP

10th October 2005

0 Uploads

94 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

you're right about the game resources. the PH disc is less than 500 MB, as such, there simply isn't enough data for all the resources to be on it.

you have to have AvP2 installed before you install PH because the PH installer draws from the AvP2 directory, and copies most of the files, i believe it also modifies a few, but i could be mistaken.

also, some of those "interesting things" you can do in PH are exploits that were only ever patched in AvP2. including "turbo claw" for preds, and rapid nades with pulse.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 11 years ago

LoL see I was right on it rapid nades with Pulse WHAAT? lol the pred claw was nice, but you're saying it was only patched in avp2 ? You mean that it was patched ages ago with one of those updates that lead up to 1096 ??

Kulaman

Sniper's Nightmare

50 XP

10th October 2005

0 Uploads

94 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

yes, i'm also saying that using it is cheap

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 11 years ago

but the cool look of it makes people want to use it, however I thought avp2ph had its own updates? I remember when I used to play it I had to install some updates with Sierra up