Tal Shiar

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

22nd October 2002

0 Uploads

43 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

whenever i use 8472 in the BI:counterstrike mod, the game crashes every time the battleship fires its bio pulse weapon. what can i do to stop this?

book VIP Member

I'm a book!

48,335 XP

13th November 2002

15 Uploads

4,406 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

this is a very well known bug that even MaP cant figure out, best way to fix it is to not play 8472.

cds7318

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

1st April 2003

0 Uploads

682 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

well have you tryed looking for the file???? because i couldnt find it unless he used the one from the game but if he added a new one i couldnt find the file for it and that would cause the game to crash

Major A Payne

The 6th Day

50 XP

7th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,535 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

This problem has been well known ever since the mods release, and I've never been able to understand why or how its being caused. I spent over 2 months trying carious way sot fix it, but its never been corrected.

As it currently stands its the one bug which will also cause the single player missions to crash, so as has already been suggested. either don't use 8472 or just try not using the mod completely. Appologies for the problem though. Also as far as I can see the only logical way to try to fix this problem would be to strip down the mod completely and rebuild it, which is somehting I won't even attempt, as I've set my final two projects long overdue.

cds7318

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

1st April 2003

0 Uploads

682 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Well hold on major you might not have to rebuild the hole thing (even know your not going to) maybe to fix this problem all that has to be done is to rewrite the weapon all or try renaming it all the files and adding a hole new tech to the weapon as it would take some testing and id do it myself but im working on something that takes most of my modding time up i barly got my defiant mod out in time oh and brings me to this who made that model major? i credited you because i first seen it in your mod and it was only right to credit you but i feel like i should also be crediting the creater also as i plan to credit you in every mod i will ever make because everytime i read something you write i learn but who made the model and texture???? and also have you checked out my mod? there is a new one coming out 1.1 i added some things to it and messed with it alittle more what do you think of it?

Lord Evilblobs

Revenge was here.

50 XP

21st February 2003

0 Uploads

2,029 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Hmm. It worked fine and I just replaced the texture nwith the original. :confused:

Captain_Reisen

Chief Tactician, First Fleet

50 XP

23rd April 2003

0 Uploads

129 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I think it's the new biobeam texture because of the following reasons:

1) With the new beam texture, Species 8472 never worked 2) Adding a biobeam to a non-8472 vessel resulted in a similar crash 3) Returning the biobeam to its original texture resulted in no crashes

Now, as to why the new texture offended the game, I haven't a clue. Maybe it had to do with the animation feature inherent to the 8472 biobeam sprite file (take a look at the @anim portion and you'll find it nowhere else in the weapon.spr file). Anyhow and anyway, you should just use the default 8472 biobeam texture for safety's sake.

:assimilate: Resistance is futile :assimilate:

Major A Payne

The 6th Day

50 XP

7th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,535 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Reisen. All I did with the new texture was to brighten the original. Theres no Alpha channel in the original, and the color depth and filenames were exactly the same as the original. Anyway, as I've already stated I will not be sorting this out now, or in the future, as it actually put my BI3 project behind by about 6 weeks.

Lord Evilblobs

Revenge was here.

50 XP

21st February 2003

0 Uploads

2,029 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

The texture lookes like 6 biobeams surrounded in a colerful fuzzy texture, atleast it looked like that on my computer