1942 trying to play on a network, help please -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

Just spent 3 hours trying everything to play, reseting up network etc... . 2 win xp PC's cable connected by a linksys router on a network in my home. Can connect to each PC without the game so I guess network is OK. One of us starts the game and sets up one under multiplayer then create a game. next one trys to join multiplayer then local button, but the game is not shown in the lobby window so no way to join. Other PC game saids waiting for another player. Have turned off firewalls and virus software. and installed the 1.6 patch on each PC. do not type in a server name. Had worked before on 2 win 98 PCs Really appreciate any help.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Try joining by entering the IP address of the other computer rather than going to the gui interface. ie: Join Server, and enter IP address. When you say the two computers can connect exactly how are you testing this. Also be aware that there may be a firewall on the router, if it is on try turning that off also.

AK

:smokin:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago
apocalypse_kid;3509011Try joining by entering the IP address of the other computer rather than going to the gui interface. ie: Join Server, and enter IP address. When you say the two computers can connect exactly how are you testing this. Also be aware that there may be a firewall on the router, if it is on try turning that off also. AK :smokin:

test by going to network places, then entire network, then Microsoft windows network, then Home2 ( name I setup for network) then clivk other PC. After this I can see the files in that PC hard drive. Were would I find the IP address of each PC and were in the game do I input this. do I do it before create a game. Also one PC has has the game installed from a 4 year old CD and the other one has the 1942 game just bout the other day. Thanks

kamikaze SGT Chaos

GF makes me horny

50 XP

28th June 2003

0 Uploads

91 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

i think you have to setup a static IP address... im pretty sure thats how me and my mate did it a few years back..