SnapShot

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

10th April 2004

0 Uploads

32 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

[color=black]I could see people getting mad for racial comments or just out of the blue comments like, your clan must suck **** or something.[/color]

[color=black]But people just saying, your gfx card sucks or other "smacktard" comments should be left alone. I would guarantee you if you made 2 comment sections per POtD, one SmackTard the other Real Comments. 90% of people would post something in the smacktard section and probably 99.9% of people will at least view the SmackTard section.[/color]

[color=black]I think it’s a good Idea personally. Others are going to whine "Why should we change for the SmackTards"? Since a lot of people are, and most people enjoy responding to the SmackTard comments going on, we should try this.[/color]

XSNiper

50 XP

29th April 2004

0 Uploads

36 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

ok the only reason im posting on this thread is because I believe this thread should be shut down because it gives no useful information or is recieving any.(except this). I just wasted valuble time.

Mihail VIP Member

President of Novistrana

50 XP

19th January 2003

0 Uploads

15,509 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

**moved to rants**

Tiboron

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th May 2004

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

The only reason BFFiles is as popular as it is is because of commenting. They get their files from filefront, and their news from planetbattlefield. Now they want to shut down commenting, and the they think they are still going to be in buisness. Bad decision if you ask me.

DDDandrew

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

6th March 2004

0 Uploads

381 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Ok guys, lets look at some facts:

Reasons BF1942Files WOULD be MORE popular:

IF PEOPLE SENT IN NEWS!!! IF PEOPLE ACTED RIGHT!!! IF PEOPLE TREATED ADMINS LIKE ADMINS!!!

Reasons it is popular- Ongoing news coverage... Good Files Posting Good site upkeep...

Wanna see an example of bad site upkeep, bad coverage, and bad bad commenting?? Go to MOHfiles. Commenting was disabled because the members were warned before. We didnt disable it everywhere. We simply disabled it on the POTD until further notice. You can still comment, but not there.

As for the continued whining, it needs to stop. We all have lives. The admins of this site arent going to sit there in front of the comments and ban every person that makes a mistake. If everyone followed the rules, they wouldnt happen in the first place. I bet any amount that if I or 0ne hired someone to delete comments and ban ALL DAY, we would get no response, and if we did, we would get poor job management.

You all say that we suck at doing admin? Well, get up on stage and show me how then. I put fourth my ongoing efforts to help 0ne keep the site running because everytime we hire someone, you all go and DONT DO ANYTHING. Wow, what did we hire you for again? NOTHING? No, we hired you to do a job. So get off your asses and do it! Want the site to run!? Put fourth some effort!

I am not the site admin, I am not even the Vice. I do a hell of alot more work than anyone else at that site though. I have seen every type of comment, and I have seen 0ne go through way to much stress over the commenting. It had to stop somewhere and that is why we are where we are now. Thats all I have to say, grow up and maybe you will understand.

DDDandrew

Tiboron

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th May 2004

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Okay dude, chill. I didn't say anything about you.