kruiser68

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

8th February 2010

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#1 6 years ago

:confused: I've noticed that there is a T-34 with a 85mm main gun in this game BF 1942. The information I have found clearly indicates this did not come out till the BATTLE OF KURSK IN 1943, THE EARLIEST. The other thing I want to know is WHY NOBODY HAS DONE THE GERMAN PANTHER TANK, at least the "prototype" would have some accuracy. :confused:

Biiviz

Eggs!

50 XP

29th February 2004

0 Uploads

3,168 Posts

0 Threads

#2 6 years ago

Battlefield 1942 is long dead.

Here's a Battlefield 2 mod called Forgotten Hope 2:

Forgotten Hope 2 - 2.4 Official Trailer - YouTube

The mod not only has two (#1, #2) different Panther versions, but an additional -8 armored cars -13 tanks (light, medium, heavy) -8 tank destroyers -2 self propelled artillery pieces -2 AA vehicles -7 transport vehicles

...and that's just for the Germans. The Brits currently have 32 ground vehicles. Not to mention air, sea and stationary vehicles of all the 7 armies currently included.

Furthermore, let's talk handweapons. Germany alone has 6 different knives. That's right, knives (well, one's a shovel, actually). Then we have a buttload of pistols, shotguns, rifles, LMGs, SMGs, rocket weapons, mines, flamethrowers and flare guns. Plus shrapnel-, shock-, AT-, smoke- and incendiary grenades.

More info:

Forgotten Hope - News

Forgotten Hope Public Forum - Index

kruiser68

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

8th February 2010

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for the information. My problem is that my computer is old and may not meet the "spec's" for the new game. Being 43 and a father of FOUR, I have to place priorities, in order. But I will look into it, thanks again.

Biiviz

Eggs!

50 XP

29th February 2004

0 Uploads

3,168 Posts

0 Threads

#4 6 years ago

Battlefield 2 was released 2005 so it isn't that 'new' per se.

- Minimum Specification: CPU: 1.7 Ghz RAM: 512 Mb Video Card: NVidia GeForce FX 5700, ATI Radeon 8500 or ATI Radeon 9500 with 128 Mb of RAM

- Recommended Specification: CPU: 2.4 Ghz RAM: 1 Gb Video Card with at least 256 Mb of RAM