gimpnumber2

I post to get attention

50 XP

30th September 2005

0 Uploads

74 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago
Hi all, i am going to buy battlefield 1942 and i have downloaded many mods in advance. i am just wondering how the installation of the mods work. when i install them i think they go into the battlefield 1942 mods folder but how do you activate them. Do they have their own .exe files where you launch them individually or do more servers just appear in the original battlefield 1942 server list when you click refresh. thanks. (P.S The mods i am going to install are Desert Combat , 0.7 , Final And Extended, EOD, WDW And Battlefield 1918)

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/main.php?lang=english

don't let it's size full you it is worth it.

MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

FH, because it is just that good. Look at the model and texture quality, and it will look like that in game with the proper hardware.

galleryimage_6916_f.jpg

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

:moved: from General Gaming to the BF1942 forums.

Also be aware that the official Forgotten Hope forums are hosted here at Gaming Forums: http://forums.filefront.com/forumdisplay.php?f=479

FH for teh win! :bows: :salute:

Cap'n Rommel

The Good

50 XP

7th August 2004

0 Uploads

8,766 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

bf1918 is also a good one

Cap'n Rommel

The Good

50 XP

7th August 2004

0 Uploads

8,766 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Sorry I didnt saw that on the list... silly me. Anyways, the Experience WW2 was one of the first mods installed on my game and I love it, also the BattleGroup mod is a good one.

Dr.Fritz

Promiscuous Girl

50 XP

6th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,842 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

They don't make Battlegroup anymore.

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

Anyway, to answer your question, the way BF1942 mods work is yes, they do install to your mods folder. There are two ways to launch them. In more recent years, most mods have created an .exe icon so that you can launch directly into the game (in some of the first mod relases, this didn't happen). The second way to launch a mod is to chose the "Custom Game" tab in the BF1942 main page. This will present you with a list of any mods and expansions you have installed. Just double-click on the one you want to launch. P.S. You're missing two mods: -Forgotten Hope -Battlefield Pirtates!

Cap'n Rommel

The Good

50 XP

7th August 2004

0 Uploads

8,766 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

How rude of us to forget to answer that question :nono: , good boy doing it :cheer:

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago
marvinmatthew There are two ways to launch them. In more recent years, most mods have created an .exe icon so that you can launch directly into the game (in some of the first mod relases, this didn't happen). The second way to launch a mod is to chose the "Custom Game" tab in the BF1942 main page. This will present you with a list of any mods and expansions you have installed. Just double-click on the one you want to launch.

And the the third way to launch mods is to simply select a server running the mod you want to play and click join, it will automatically launch the mod for you (as long as you have the mod installed of course). Oh BTW it hasn't been mentioned yet, but most mods require the BF1942 1.6 and the 1.61b client patch, so don't forget that before installing the mods (and it is most important, BEFORE installing the mods)

AK

:smokin: