Tipsy

Visual Evolutions

50 XP

21st May 2004

0 Uploads

40 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

The Battlefield series is being taken to the next level in the upcoming sequel, and while what I've seen so far, I can hardly wait for BF2 to be released! Battlefield 2 will put soldiers in the field of modern combat. That means, instead of maps of wide open spaces or dense jungle foliage, urban warfare will be making its debut. This title is graphically stunning, with kits that show what class each player can do. That means medics will have medic patches and his gear can be easily seen. When players enter vehicles like tanks, the player's logo automatically appears on its side, bringing a new level of personalization to the game especially for clans. The locals are highly detailed with graffiti and old posters on grimy walls. The sound design is also being upgraded alongside the graphics, with full support of air density and Doppler effects. But the Battlefield series has always been about the gameplay, and it doesn't look like this addition is going to disappoint. While BF2 is doing a great deal to capture the feel of modern combat, it is trying to preserve the easy gameplay. But, with expected support of at least 100 players, gamers will be looking forward to some fierce battles! Players will be rewarded for playing support roles, so a medic can gain experience through healing, and other unit types can gain points by handing out ammunition. All this is especially important since BF2 will support detailed global stats tracking. Players will be able to see how they rank around the world. Bullet penetration has been upgraded so that players will be able to shoot through weak materials like thin metal or wood. No more hiding in shacks! Certain ammunition types, like in some tanks, have been upgraded to support heat seeking technology. That means, as long as you can keep a chopper's exhaust pipe within your crosshairs, the shell will find its target. The available air vehicles will include jets and Chinook choppers. The level of realism is incredible, and the demo that EA presented left people itching to play. This demo completely blew E3 participants away. With just a year of development left, players will anxiously be awaiting the return to the battlefield. Dan "Tipsy" Milligan

perry07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

6,510 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

logo on tanks? so i could get in a tank and have a Dark Side of the Moon prism appear on the side? sounds cool. i also like the idea of destroyable structures.

Tipsy

Visual Evolutions

50 XP

21st May 2004

0 Uploads

40 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

You could say that, but I do think you have to choose from a list. (Correct me if I am making a mistake).

perry07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

6,510 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

i hope not. dont wanna drive around with some stupid 8 ball or smiley face on my tank.

Blehh

Rifleman

50 XP

16th January 2003

0 Uploads

2,894 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago
TipsyYou could say that, but I do think you have to choose from a list. (Correct me if I am making a mistake).

It will probably be like the music in Battlefield 'Nam which is understandable. I mean who wants to download other people's logos every single time they join a server?

Eagle One

:-D

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

2,992 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

sounds really cool but i fear that there will be about 7 discs and the game will be about 5GBs, and that youll need a really brilliant computer like 3.4GHz 2048MBs RAM, things like that

Taliban_tordis

Duke O'Prunes

50 XP

19th March 2004

0 Uploads

194 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Sounds cool, but I still think they should redo BF1942 with a new engine and all those features though. Really liked the idea of up to a hundred players and destructable statics.

Tipsy

Visual Evolutions

50 XP

21st May 2004

0 Uploads

40 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Yea, most likely Eagle. Think about Battlefield: Vietnam; Three discs, and there wasn't much change in the engine. I bet it will be like UT2004, five discs or so.

Mexmadman

[WITH_TEETH]

50 XP

16th November 2002

0 Uploads

1,264 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
TipsyPlayers will be rewarded for playing support roles, so a medic can gain experience through healing, and other unit types can gain points by handing out ammunition. All this is especially important since BF2 will support detailed global stats tracking. Players will be able to see how they rank around the world. Dan "Tipsy" Milligan

Fantastic !! This may actually cause people to use team work , plus now i can get rewarded (finally) for supporting my team with my healing abilities :p Now, im happy. :)

Knigh-tros

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

If you want urban combat there are a couple of really good Desert Combat maps with some sweet urban action. ;)