SnapShot

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

10th April 2004

0 Uploads

32 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

[color=black][color=black]I have been playing BF1942 since well, the first day the demo of Tobruk was released way way back. I have been looking into Call of duty for a change of venue in my gaming. I was hesitant at first because I heard lots of mixed reviews.[/color]

[color=black]I thought I would get board of pure ww2 fighting. BF has a mod in just about every era, so you can jump into another server and get a totally different game experience with a simple double click.[/color]

[color=black]Now that there have been some mods for COD released it looks really enticing. I just want to hear what you guys who have it think of it, the mplay, balance, gfx and so on.[/color]

[color=black]Btw I have played the demos for it.[/color]

[/color]

The Crimson Major

Veteran Lurker

50 XP

26th April 2004

0 Uploads

525 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I have both battlefield and call of duty, and i think they are both great, even without the mods. Batllefields spawn point respwan system really is supreme, and although it is woefully historically inacurate, the engine is excellent. Multyplay is especially good.

Call of duty, wow. It's completely immersive. I liked the campaign better than multyplayer on this one. You see the name rank and health of the guy next to you... a sniper's second later and he's dead. It's so well done it's godly. Some people actually came away from that game crying. Stalingrad... saving private ryan... they become indistinguishable. Multiplay is alright, but a little too much sniping for my gun n' run style. Overall it's great. Which is better? well that's tough. If you like single player, call of duty, hands down. Multiplayer, well thee single player is multiplayer on battlefield. I like them both for different moods and times. One things for sure. Mods aren't really needed. These games are that good. Way to go EA and Activision. (Activision especiallly because they make the Star Trek ones :D ). BASECAMPING IS FOR NOOBTARDS!

Zigy77

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

3rd January 2003

0 Uploads

98 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

i like Call of Duty whenever i get sick of seing people in vehicles and planes and i just want to battle it out with small arms. Call of Duty is way better with organized teamwork though (clans and organizations)

SLoPPyJoE71

Eye Yam Sofa King We Todd Did.

50 XP

29th April 2004

0 Uploads

94 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I'd say buy call of duty... the single player is amazing. It's a great game and it makes the old Q3 engine look awesome. Also, there's a expansion pack coming out for CoD i saw in the newest PCgamer magazine called american offense or something like that... it adds new missions for britain, US, and the Russian campaigns. And it has a whole new particle system or something like that and from the new screen shots i've seen it looks awesome and i'll probably buy it...... but, besides that, when it comes out, everyone should own a copy of............................................................................................................................................. HALF-LIFE 2! w00t!

[AUA] O'Neill

GF makes me horny

50 XP

10th February 2003

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I say buy both, when you want to play the best online game out there, play BF and for an intense single player battle that will keep you on your toes, play COD.

Mihail VIP Member

President of Novistrana

50 XP

19th January 2003

0 Uploads

15,509 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I say BF1942 is, simply because I like the feeling of a real war, with infantry, tanks, ships and planes, altho Death Matches are fun, even better when it's world war two based, but it gets boring quickly I think