Der Sturmbannf├╝hrer

The One, The Only

50 XP

23rd May 2004

0 Uploads

3,985 Posts

0 Threads

#32 14 years ago

COD: UO puts pretty much every game to hell right now, cant stop playing it... cant wait to give Brothers in Arms a try...

Chickenonastick

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st May 2003

0 Uploads

258 Posts

0 Threads

#33 14 years ago

I have both games, and I must say that CoD:UO hasn't killed BF because many are playing it, even a few pockets of vanilla here and there. :) Though I prefer BattleGroup 42 personally for WWII in the BF42 engine. FH is cool too I just prefer BG42.

UO has some excellent gameplay mechanics, and I love the 40 player plus servers with infantry combat that is just insane action, with a dash of tactical strategies.

I think one of the weaknesses of BF42 is sometimes the maps are so big and the battles so separated the game turns into "marathon 1942" where you run and run just to try to find someone to shoot at. :\ CoD usually has well focused maps that funnels the action into a whirl wind of intense firefights. But then, that could just be my personal tastes of gameplay. :P Most BF42 maps I like are moderately sized, but big ones are good two if they are designed right.

UO has better graphics in my personal opinion, fx, and animations. BF42 has more variety in armies, vehicles, options of gameplay (Land/Sea/Air), and has a decent singleplayer with the right mods in place and a strong enough computer to run it.

UO has some cool mods in the works, like German Front mod that adds tons of new ground vehicles, and a few new weapons/skins. So variety and freshness will be had there soon (hopefully).

But it boils down to the games being very different in gameplay. I thoroughly enjoy both games, with some points better than others in both games. But has UO killed BF42? Nah.

Old Gonorrea

MJARR Teh mighty Pirate

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

285 Posts

0 Threads

#34 14 years ago
I still play vanilla every once in a while... but it's not the same as the old days...

Agreed, after 1.45 patch, the game turned into diffrent direction; even in 1.4 there was Russian and Japanese weapons updated, still after 1.5 there came M1 and the Type-5 rifle, that changed gameplay alot, and after 1.6, most of things were ****ed up, even PB is nice, some console commands wont work without special RCon programm, the game wont make errorlogs anymore that makes modding quite much due you dont know where the hell is the mistake in the coding files and other small stuff like that.

nimo333

NIMO and NIMO333

50 XP

2nd October 2004

0 Uploads

389 Posts

0 Threads

#35 14 years ago

Battlefield 1942 is still crazy and will be remembered for a long time.

Sindrevike

I'm too cool to Post

31,580 XP

8th December 2004

0 Uploads

2,838 Posts

0 Threads

#36 14 years ago

Plain vanilla BF1942 still rules.

KILLER WEED

Killer Weed

50 XP

28th March 2004

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#37 14 years ago

Nothing could kill bf1942 unless its bf2.Bf1942 is bigger and stronger then ever.Its still bigger then dc ,and bigger then bfv.If anything it will be bfv-ww2 mod.Eventually EA will be migrating original bf1942 maps to the ww2 mod for bfv.Then bf1942 will be obsolete.POE will add most of the dc maps and then dc will be obsolete.So eventually it will be bf2 and bfv with the POE and WW2 mods