The Irishman

I'm not drunk. Seriously.

50 XP

7th June 2004

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Something that really ticks me off in online play on maps like Stalingrad, Berlin, and Omaha Beach, among others, is grenade spamming. It seems worst in Stalingrad. Some one or two *word missing* Germans decide to camp out next to a supply box and just toss grenades in the direction of the Russians, which, because there's an endless supply, causes the Russians to die in large amounts. Ok, that's fine at first, but it becomes a little annoying when every time you spawn a grenade explodes in your face, resulting in another death. It just adds up until you can't even approach the enemy because of all the grenades going off, while the grenade spammer basks in first place and brags about his "uber skillz." That really bugs me. Another thing is sniping. Now I'm fine when three maybe four guys are snipers, but I've been playing Omaha lately where there are at least 8 guys on the team sniping. 8 guys out of 32. That's a fourth of the team sitting around trying to pick off guys, while the rest of us vainly charge against a force 8 men larger than us, thanks to the snipers. Omaha is meant to be an assault map, where you charge and overwhelm the enemy position. Do the snipers listen? No. I encountered the same problem, though to a lesser degree, at Iwo Jima with the U.S. It's funny how charging will get you more kills than sniping most of the time. A few things that really tick me off...

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Join a group of people who aren't score-happy and you won't have that problem, or simply play Forgotten Hope. There are rarely more than four snipers total in the largest maps, and ammo boxes will eventually run out.

The Irishman

I'm not drunk. Seriously.

50 XP

7th June 2004

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Ah, I was hoping FH wouldn't have that problem. Just one more download. Thank you for the informaton.