cjgforce

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

27th November 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

is the .50 cal sniper rifle as strong in DC and is real life? ive shot multiple times at jeeps n shit, but it seems to not do any damage if u hit it in the right spot, can u do some decent damage?? just curious :)

Cess-RidgeRun

-=NC=- Ridge

50 XP

15th April 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Its mosty for Anti-Personell weapon. The game cannot simulate damage to just an engine, to disable the vehicle...it would have to nearly destroy the vehicle for same effect, which can cause serious trouble if someone is driving damaged vehicles, someone shoots a sniper rifle, and BOOM the Jeep is a flying barbeque...

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#3 14 years ago

It is unfortunate that the BF engine is so limited. In real life it can take out vehicles without completely destroying them. In the game a vehicle is all one piece, there are no wheels, motors, etc, so there is no way to tie a hit to the hood to shutting down the motor. Now, if there was an SDK it might be another story, but alas...

super6-4

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

26th July 2004

0 Uploads

960 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

actually the m82 Barret isnt a anti personel rifle. its a anti material rifle, they dont use them aganist human because the 50 caliber round at the high powered velocity would overkill. they use them mostly on disabling vehicles at long range. and yes u can blow techinals, humvees, bm 21, and any other light armored vehicles. pretty much any on wheels that move fast except the ee9 i think.

Exploder

Flames on fire?

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

4,357 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

The M82A1 Barrett rifle is an anti-vehicle sniper rifle deployed against smaller vehicles like jeeps and humvees etc, since it proved WAY too powerful to be used against human beings...:lol: However the BF engine cannot be made into a way like in real life where you just disable a vehicle's engine with it, in BF you can only destroy the entire thing.

Now for some reason I couldn't find the M82 in DCF. Where is it? :n0e:

colonel_bob

Here & There

50 XP

4th June 2004

0 Uploads

6,685 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Not only that, but I think using high velocity sniper rounds that large for personel is against the Geneva convention or something...

Eagle One

:-D

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

2,992 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

yeah it probebly is, at a guess id say with one shot in the write place in the neck, you could shoot someones head off

super6-4

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

26th July 2004

0 Uploads

960 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

or if u hit em in the chest their friggin chest would blow up, same wit arms and legs

Cess-RidgeRun

-=NC=- Ridge

50 XP

15th April 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Yet we dive on soldiers in our Mig-29s and A-10s and shoot at them and drop bombs on individual personell :)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 14 years ago
colonel_bobNot only that, but I think using high velocity sniper rounds that large for personel is against the Geneva convention or something...

Uh oh! Well, we better tell our armed forces to stop using them then. ;) A friend of mine went into the army, specifically to be a sniper. He's gone through the training, now he's just waiting to be shipped overseas. Along with some standard caliber sniper rifles, they had some time with the barret. Not only can it shoot through an engine block, but it doesn't even have to hit you to do damage. At about six inches away, it can take a chunk out of your arm, if not the whole thing off. Needless to say, it would be even messier if it actually hit you. Yes, the 50 cal round is definitely overkill against infantry. But if its the gun you have...that's the gun you use! Another friend just went through basic training in the marines, and said most of the same stuff regarding 50 cal rounds.