-J_B-

eh...

50 XP

30th December 2004

0 Uploads

196 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

Just get in the game and sort by ping, join one that has over 60 players.

Seeing as your in Australia I can help.

Gamearena,Internode,OGN,Gamespace

SciComHam

Now with more red

50 XP

28th November 2004

0 Uploads

935 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Yes, Battlefield 1942 is still very popular. Mainly because of all the mods.

Agentlaidlaw

Pie

50 XP

21st February 2005

0 Uploads

3,801 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

Battlefield 1942 will be popular for a long time.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 13 years ago

cool hey umm i'll add u 2 friends JB

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

Man, Battlefield 1942 Rocks!!!!

You have got to check out the legendary Desert Combat 7 mod. Modern Combat. It is SO good, EA hired the developers to make Battlefield 2. This game even has mods, for mods. Such as the DC7 mod, DC Final. DC Final was made by the developers that did not get hired by EA. It fixes a few bugs, and adds tons of content. Plus the Apache gunner seat effect, from DC Realism. Speaking of DC Realism, it is another DC7 mod. Note: you can have all 3 installed at the same time...

I personally love to rain fire, using the Apache gunship. A tough beast to handle, but well worth learning. Some Helicopters can be used for mobile spawn points. Fly over an enemy base, and paratrooper reinforcements are only a few seconds away.

Then there is the Biggest mod of them all. The Forgotten Hope mod. With over a Gig of extra content, and higher resolution textures, this is only played by true BF1942 fans, and those with high speed access, and big hard drives.

Mods in development include the Battlefield Pirates mod, which is pretty cool. Especially when the fog distance is set to low, and a ship comes out of the fog. It is actually playable as it is.

Stargate Battle For Mankind is a cool mod in the making. The latest release has more bugs, and seems to crash often, during multiplayer games. The previous version didn't...

Interestate 1982 is a cool mod. It replaces tanks, with various cars, trucks, and other vehicles, all armed... It takes place in urban enviroments. Inspired by the I76, and I82 games, it is loads of fun.

Another mod, that seems to have been forgotten, is the Eve of Destruction mod. It is a Vietnam mod, that appeared before Battlefield Vietnam was released. It has a different type of Helicopter control, than most other mods. Designed to make it easier for Keyboard pilots to fly them. Hovering is very simple, just let go of the controls. The setup, does not work well for joysticks though. Which explains its lack of popularity.