Need help with research project about BF community . . . -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 14 years ago

I’m doing a research project for my anthropology class. The project is an ethnography, which is a study of people in a particular group or community, what brings them together, what types of people are in the group, and what kinds of symbols/rituals they have. I decided to do my ethnography on the BF community, b/c I simply believe this community’s worth studying and it’s different and interesting. Below are some survey-like questions. Feel free to answer any or all of the questions; if some answers are not what you have in mind, write your own answer. Also feel free to add comments about your experiences in the BF community and/or you can flame me too. ;-) If you write a comment, you may be quoted in my ethnography; credit will be given where credit’s due, of course. The survey takes about five minutes. Please try to answer honestly. I appreciate any comments you make, and thanks for your time.

1) Which of the following best describes you in the BF community? a. Clan member b. Modder c. Fansite staff member d. None of the above 2) Which of the following best describes you as a player? a. Not a bad player, but not the best either b. Noob c. 1337 d. Whiner – yeah, DC lags, but hey, it’s Final ;-) e. Movie maker – you like to make machinima f. Stuntman (or Stuntwoman) g. Haxorz h. TK’er 3) Which of the following first attracted you to BF? a. Original game features – seemed cool to drive a tank, fly an airplane, etc. all in one game b. All my friends were playing BF c. Mods – DC, EOD, GC, etc. seemed pretty cool 4) How often do you play BF per week? a. 0-4 hours b. 4-12 hours c. 12-20 hours d. 20+ hours 5) Which of the following do you prefer? BF42 BFV 6) Which of the following mods do you prefer? BF42: DC DCF EOD GC FH BG42 IS82 Pirates HF BFV: POE EOD HF DICE City WWII mod 7) If you’re a modder, what do you believe is the most difficult part of the modding process? a. Finding a dedicated team b. Finding personal time c. Learning the tools – 3dsmax, Photoshop, Battlecraft, etc. d. Trial and error – debugging and feedback 8) If you’re a clan member, what is the name of your clan and why? (Free response) 9) What do you expect the most from EA/DICE? a. Less bugs b. Products released on schedule c. More mod support d. More content 10) What feature do you look forward to in BF2? a. Ranking system b. Physics c. Vehicles/weapons d. Commander mode e. Graphics f. Defibrillators ;-) 11) How old are you? < 18 18-24 25-35 36+ 12) What is your occupation and/or marital status? (Free response) 13) What is your gender? M F ------------------------

colonel_bob

Here & There

50 XP

4th June 2004

0 Uploads

6,685 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Mmmkay, then... 1) Which of the following best describes you in the BF community? [color=red]Player that loves the game but is too busy to be a modder/clan member/etc.[/color] 2) Which of the following best describes you as a player? [color=red]c. 1337... When I want to be.[/color] 3) Which of the following first attracted you to BF? [color=red]a. Original game features – seemed cool to drive a tank, fly an airplane, etc. all in one game[/color] 4) How often do you play BF per week? [color=red]b. 4-12 hours -- sometimes up to 18, though.[/color] 5) Which of the following do you prefer? [color=red]BF42... More specifically, its mods.[/color] 6) Which of the following mods do you prefer? [color=red]BF42: DCF, FH IS82 Pirates[/color] [color=red]BFV: POE[/color] 7) If you’re a modder, what do you believe is the most difficult part of the modding process? [color=red]Heh... I can't even make a decent map...[/color] 8) If you’re a clan member, what is the name of your clan and why? [color=red]No one loves me enough to let me into a clan.[/color] :rolleyes:

9) What do you expect the most from EA/DICE? [color=red]d. More content, I guess[/color]

10) What feature do you look forward to in BF2? [color=red]b. Physics[/color] *and* [color=red]c. Vehicles/weapons[/color] 11) How old are you? [color=red]< 18[/color] 12) What is your occupation and/or marital status? [color=red]Student/Single. I bet you could have guessed that...[/color] 13) What is your gender? [color=red]Male[/color]

Big_Daddy

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

5th August 2004

0 Uploads

698 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

1. Both a and b

2. a

3. a

4. b

5. BF42

6. DC, Pirates, and WW2 mod

7. Not a modder

8. Lost Souls - A bunch of us split from our old clan that was going downhill. When we left we felt like Lost Souls would be a fitting name.

9. a) less bugs

10. Physics and Graphics

11. 22

12. Engaged

13. Male

blackhawksniper

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

30th November 2004

0 Uploads

168 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

1)a 2)f ( i like to jump on top of helos and shoot and then pararchute down) 3)b 4)c 5)bf1942 6)dcx 7)b 8) blackhawk because we stand on top of blackhwaks in dc and i sniper soem1 drveis 2 ppl gun and some1 ahs the saw and i get the 50cal. sniepr. we are really good then 9)d 10) poitn syestm but msotly all of thsoe i luve the defiberaortres lol jstu go up to a sniepr and CLEAR! and BAM one easy kill lol 11)14 12) single/ highschool first year 13) male