cpt_hightower

Krauts...are bad.

50 XP

7th April 2005

0 Uploads

75 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Hey guys, I'm new to BF1942 but....WHY THE HECK DOESN'T THE AMERICANS GET M1s????!!!

Mexmadman

[WITH_TEETH]

50 XP

16th November 2002

0 Uploads

1,264 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago
cpt_hightowerHey guys, I'm new to BF1942 but....WHY THE HECK DOESN'T THE AMERICANS GET M1s????!!!

The engineers do...on Pacific maps (ones vs. Japanese).

cpt_hightower

Krauts...are bad.

50 XP

7th April 2005

0 Uploads

75 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

You Sure? All I Get Is The Flippin' British Gun. Enfield.

Mexmadman

[WITH_TEETH]

50 XP

16th November 2002

0 Uploads

1,264 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

You need to patch Battlefield. The M1 Garands were added to the Pacific theatre for the Americans in one of the patches. Not sure which one it was but its better to update the game anyway as it fixes bugs and also adds new maps. :D http://battlefield1942.filefront.com/file/Battlefield_1942_Full_Client_Patch;23189 ~ The full 1.6 Patch. This was the last major patch for Battlefield. There was a further extra patch (1.61) but that was just to fix an exploit. (You can also get that here)

Old Gonorrea

MJARR Teh mighty Pirate

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

285 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

BF1942 was meant for balanced and unrealism game; thats why the japanese troops does have German weaponry and etc, but there are several mods around that adds something new stuff, modifies gameplay and so on, like Forgotten Hope (good mod, also for beginners), Experience WWII (also good, but may be rather hard for beginners), Desert Combat (modern war) and so on.

You can find them in bf1942files.com, just use the search for help.

Major Mez

Don't Make Me Come Over There

50 XP

23rd October 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

I realise this is a bit late, but i only just saw this thread. You can actually alter the map files so that you get the m1 garand on every map. My flatmate and i played it so much as engineers on pacific maps just so we could use the m1 that i looked up how to change it. Basically, you have to edit each rfa file for each map. extract the init.con file using an rfa extractor and change the kits from us_engineer to (something like) usmarine_engineer. check one of the pacific maps to be sure, but that way you can bring the trusty old m1 garand to every theatre of war. Alternatively, pm me and i could send you the altered init.con files which you can repack into rfa files.(i'd send you the entire level files, but i'm only on dial-up and they're not small.) P.S. i see from your avatar that you're into band of brothers. i also have a file that replaces the names of your allies with names of the soldiers of easy company. And replaces the names of the bad guys with names of famous tv or movie bad guys