SnapShot

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

9th April 2004

0 Uploads

32 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

[color=black]Why don’t people ever effectively use artillery?[/color] [color=black]I was on a DC server and a guy was around 50-0 all because he was using the SCUD on the Coalition base. You see this a lot, a guy manages to pull up to the base, about view distance and start lobbing them. But he was smart enough, and had a friend who was spotting, so he could shoot clear across the map, while on a repair pad so he had unlimited ammo, and was killing them. [/color] [color=black]But why don't I see this very often? Not just DC but in [/color][color=black]Vietnam[/color][color=black] also, I was playing as an engi with a mortar. I set it up, got on, and notice no one is calling for artillery? Its a vicious cycle, No one calls for artillery b/c no one gets on artillery, no one gets on artillery b/c no one calls for artillery [/color] [color=black]:( !!![/color] [color=black]Normal BF I don’t even try artillery at all because even when you ask most don’t and only sniper has the Bnocs, that needs to be fixed.[/color] [color=black]What I think should happen in DC,Veitnam and BF1942 is give the Engineer or everyone the ability to call in artillery so they can mark stuff them selves.[/color] [color=black]Granted I know I should not expect lots of cooperation on a public server. Clan servers are the place for that.[/color]

omega12

BF1942 rocks! BFVietnam rocks!

50 XP

7th May 2003

0 Uploads

148 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

If you shoot with the scud on the enemy base I think you should be kicked! It's like those people who think it's funny to drive with tanks into the enemy base and kill everybody who spawns there! It is NOT funny because all players of the other team can't do anything than sit in front of the screen and wait until the other team win the map.

ScOrPY Advanced Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

15,582 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

I like to use the cruise missile on the allied ships, and i love to use artillerys in DC on 73 easting

kool(AFO)

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

8th February 2004

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago

for one i think people dont realize how effective atillery can be. and they dont wont to take the time to learn.

on 73 easting i've got the spots for the MLRS memorized. im still learning the spots for other maps tho.

ScOrPY Advanced Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

15,582 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

Ive played against ppl whove memorised all the spots, becomes annoying after a while :p

Jay7219

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

6th January 2004

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago

Just like flying, artillery is hard. 1st you have to wait for a camera, then you have a hard time 'ZONEING IN' on the target. By that time ( I think cameras last 1 miniute ) the camera position has expired. Meanwhile, the guy who dropped the camera is either dead, fighting, flying or whatever. Both are to blame ( gunner and scout ), the scout and gunner should have a system or a plan. If the scout goes 180o in an opposite direction, his target will be useless anyhow. Team work people!!! The best experiences that I have had are when 2 or more tanks leave a compound and drive abreast in a convoy, or when the driver of a mobile howiter actually waits or picks you up as a gunner. I guy that fixes a damaged tank ( engineer ) is just as important as the tank driver who blows a different tank to pieces! Why fly a multipurpose fighter jet when all that you can do is dogfight? You cant drop bombs because you need a "rear". An AC 130 is just a big plane flying around in the sky if it doesnt have men filling the gun turrents. Are people so stuiped or greedy for a frag that they will drive a jeep close to a tank and then switch to the TOE missle, hopeing that they can get one off before the tank blasts him? Doesnt make sense does it?!?!? Im playin' GAZALA last night as coalition. There were about four of use standing around the helio pad minding there own business. An Apache re-spawned and does anybody know what happened next??!?!? Of course you do! 3 of the 4 of us started shooting each other. I didnt start shooting until it was obvious that 3 people were going to die and 1 would get the helio ( which as previously stated, is a 2 man vehicle ). That just pisses me right off! Here Iam 31 years old getting Gibbed by a loser 12 fat kid that wants my Apache. Dont they have any restricted servers were you must be at least mature enough to enter?

SCORPYIve played against ppl whove memorised all the spots, becomes annoying after a while :p

Parakleet-TAKE LUCK

---intentionally left blank---

50 XP

8th September 2003

0 Uploads

379 Posts

0 Threads

#7 17 years ago

The reason nobody uses artillery is because it's near pointless. You can't accomplish anything except for an inflated score at the end of the game. Besides anybody who thinks that it takes skill to use the scud is just stupid. There isn't enough time in a game to use artillery or coordinate it for that matter.

I love how idiots who wait, circle jerking for a helicopter think that it belongs to them. ANd they are always more mature then their fellow morons that are waiting.

ree3162003

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

8th June 2003

0 Uploads

136 Posts

0 Threads

#8 17 years ago

No one wants to run around spotting for artillery when they can go about like rambo blasting people with there M-16. The same thing goes for artillery no one wants to use it because it's usless with out a spotter. The only way to effectively use artilery is in clan server with guys on TS.

Jay7219

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

6th January 2004

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#9 17 years ago

Who is more mature, the idiots waiting or the idiots circle jerking and waiting? I dont get it? I have tried to bind a key for 'circle jerking' but I keep getting a syntax error. Besides every time I get my pants around my ankles, I get sniped. I guess the mature morons know how hard it is to run with your pants around your ankles and they just wait for you to drop your drawers and then blame they snip you. Circle Jerking in BF is also pointless like artillery. Even if you get your pants down nobody wants to be in the middle. If your in the middle, nobody wants to drop thier gear.

Parakleet-TAKE LUCKThe reason nobody uses artillery is because it's near pointless. You can't accomplish anything except for an inflated score at the end of the game. Besides anybody who thinks that it takes skill to use the scud is just stupid. There isn't enough time in a game to use artillery or coordinate it for that matter. I love how idiots who wait, circle jerking for a helicopter think that it belongs to them. ANd they are always more mature then their fellow morons that are waiting.