Patch 1.3 -1 reply

Please wait...

BlackFeather

Not Rude Dude

50 XP

21st October 2002

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I found on fileshack the 1.3 patch ..but noticed that it wasn't on EA site .. But FileShack is pretty good on downloads .. So here is the link you can decide for yourselfs

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=1066

This is the write up on the patch . Compare it with ea's changes

Version 1.3 changes NETWORK/SERVER FIXES -Optimization of server priorities to improve Net Performance -Smoother object movements -Text strings are sent to the server instead of ascii, resulting in smoother text entry. -No Lag prediction if soldier is sitting in vehicle. This fixes the problem of pilots getting shot out of the ****pit when in a plane. CLIENT FIXES #Sound improvements and optimizations -New and improved Sounds in 1st person view for the following weapons: *Bar 1918 *Thompson *MG42 *Browning -New streamed sound implementation increases performance and decreases memory usage. -Problems with SoundBlaster Live on WinXP and Win2000 systems are solved #Graphical Improvements -New and improved fire animations in 1st person view for the following weapons: *stg44 *bar1918 *mp18 *mp40 -New and improved models in 1st person view for the following weapons: *stg44 *bar1918 #Gameplay tweaks -Damage to airplanes from the following has been decreased by 50%: *BAR *StG44 *Thompson *MP40 *AA GUNS -Spreading when walking and shooting increased on the following weapons: *BAR *StG44 -Reloading time on sniper and engineer rifles reduced by 33%. -Rate of ticket decay when a team holds more than half of the command points has been increased on Head-on maps -Rate of ticket decay when Attacker holds all the control points on Assault Maps has been reduced by 40%, leaving a better chance for the defender to retake a CP. -Rate of ticket decay when the defender holds the map reduced by 40% on assault maps. -Attacker / Defender ticket ratio changed slightly to defenders favor on assault maps -When going outside of the map boundaries, soldiers will take 20% of their full health of damage per second (after being warned) #Optimizations. -Decreased Loading times for the game and map changes. -SafeDisk check only when starting game and not when changing maps #AI optimization -The AI in single player mode is much improved. Bots now focus on close range enemies over long ones, especially when their current weapon is not suited for long-range -Radio and voice command display now have a 'greyed out' look for commands that the bots do not respond to. #Menu -Message window has been modified and is now separated into three parts: 1) User generated chat (radio and chat text) - 4 rows 2) Game Info (capture control point etc.) - 2 rows 3) Kills (x killed y) - 3 rows The number of lines for each message window can be changed as long as it is at least 1 line and the total amount of lines for all message windows do not exceed 12. These chat windows can be manipulated through new console commands (where 'int' is any number between 1 and 12) chat.setChatMessageSize No. of lines for chat messages display chat.seGameInfoMessageSize No. of lines for game info display chat.setKillMessageSize No. of lines for kills info display chat.setChatHistory Sets the no of lines for all 3 message displays at once chat.chatInfo Returns status on how many lines each message window in using. chat.OldChatListStyle <0 or 1> If set to 1, the the old (v1.2) message window model is used. chat.OldChatListHistory No. of rows used if the old message window model is used -New Ignore input Commands You can ignore radio messages, radio sounds and also ignore specific players using the following commands: chat.ignoreRadioText <0 or 1> If 1, No radio text is printed. chat.ignoreRadioAudio <0 or 1> If 1, No radio sounds are played. chat.setIgnoreRadioAudioAndText <0 or 1> If 1, both radio sounds and radio text is supressed chat.getIgnoreRadioAudioAndText Prints status for these settings chat.addToIgnoreList Ignores a specific user's chatting. chat.removeFromIgnoreList Stop ignoring a specific user's chatting chat.ignoreList Returns the list of ignored players NOTE: you can find a user's ID by using the 'game.listPlayers' command in the console -Implemented TK Forgive and Punishment system. By default, players have to wait 1 extra spawn wave for every TK they commit and when they have made 5 TK's that are not forgiven they will get kicked from the server. By default, the server is in forgive mode. There are 2 modes: 1) If you are killed by a teammate, you can forgive the killer. The forgive options expires when you die again (auto-punish) 2) If you are killed by a teammate, you can punish the killer. The punish options expires when you die again. (auto-forgive) Admin Console Commands: admin.spawnDelayPenaltyForTK The number of extra spawn waves applied (1.0 = wait 1 spawn wave, 1.5 = wait 1.5 spawn wave.. and so on) admin.banPlayerOnTKKick <0 or 1> When set to 1, players are also banned when kicked for TK admin.nrOrTKToKick The number of punished TK's before being kicked admin.tkPunishMode <0 or 1> 0 : Punish Mode - Players are punished by default, until the victim forgives the TK 1 : Forgive Mode - Players are forgiven by default, until the victim punishes the TK Client Console Commands: game.TKPunish Punish a TK (works only in Forgive Mode). game.TKForgive Forgive a TK (works only in Punish Mode). -Vote announcement has new text color and icon. -Added the possibility to tag specific players as a 'buddy' and make them more visible in the minimap Client Console Commands: game.addPlayerToBuddyList Add a user with to the buddy list game.removePlayerFromBuddyList Removes a user from the buddy list game.buddyList Prints a list of your current buddies. #Rendering optimization -You can disable tri-linear filtering by adding the line "renderer.useTrilinearFiltering 0" to your Settings/VideoDefault.con -SiS Xabre support -Stripping and vertex-cache optimizing terrain patches. Increases performance for vertex cache enabled T&L cards that are vertex transform bound in BF. I.e. it reduces slowdown somewhat when lots of objects are displayed on screen. -Optimization of the font writer, decreasing memory usage. -Possibility to add lightmaps on ships and boats which can highly increase the visual effect




_Bongo_

Merciless Research Team

50 XP

28th November 2002

0 Uploads

52 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Is this a copy of the 'leaked' Taiwan patch?




NoOdLe

Network \"Hitman\"

50 XP

4th November 2002

0 Uploads

421 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I'm thinking no....... For some reason, someone is enjoying toying with us... :( Why would only one site carry it, and no word from EA's website?? I personally do not expect the patch untill Feb. 4th, when the addon is released. Either way, we can only wait...




CHINESEBULLFROG

Banned from forum, and Pie

50 XP

28th August 2002

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

this is the worst patch ever i got mine at http://www.oc48gaming.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=930 it really does suck the sounds are annoying and sometimes you cant tell the diferentce between the gravel andsomeone shooting you and since i had its gone much worse i got a good pc athlon 2200 512ddr gf4 and i could have about 26 on 26 on sp now i can get about 18 on 18 its gay the patch sucks ass big time dont get it they shouldnt have bothered making it its made my bf42 worse i didnt see nothing wrong with the 1.2 but it could just be me but i doubt it:confused: plus no servers are upgrading which sucks even more:mad: i no its new but there could be atleast 1server but no cant find one

c ya lol




Ceiba

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

11th October 2002

0 Uploads

102 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

-Damage to airplanes from the following has been decreased by 50%: *AA GUNS

If this is true thats pretty messed up! I'm tired of getting owned by planes. The AA was pratically our only defense next to getting in a plane. And I'm infantry all the way.




Sh0rD

¥ Uberhacker ¥

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,118 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

i wont d/l it - i heard it sucks too bad




NoOdLe

Network \"Hitman\"

50 XP

4th November 2002

0 Uploads

421 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Ahhhh, don't be a puss




Ceiba

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

11th October 2002

0 Uploads

102 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Already downloaded it. Just waiting to see some servers running 1.3.




Sh0rD

¥ Uberhacker ¥

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,118 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
Originally posted by NoOdLe Ahhhh, don't be a puss

lmao - i gave ea my good money... i want "service" :D




NoOdLe

Network \"Hitman\"

50 XP

4th November 2002

0 Uploads

421 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Uhh... I'm a little worried about what you mean by "Service"??? :dropsjar: