GODSMACKed

see also: heretic

50 XP

21st June 2003

0 Uploads

600 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Well I just got back into BF, now I want to try out a few mods. What are some intersting ones worth playing? Anyone tried SilentHeroes? (think thats it) I played DC a long while back, want my thing...

WW2dude

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

50 XP

30th July 2003

0 Uploads

3,825 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Recruit snyder's mod collection is 'Interesting'. ;)

http://bf.filefront.com/file.info?ID=26176

I played silent heroes. Its not bad, but i didn't like it. If you want a more realism oriented mod(than Snyder's) than i suggest RealPlane. Its made by PhychoSlapHead. I can't find it though...

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,515 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#3 14 years ago

As I recall you need BF1942(Duh) and all its expansion packs to run that mod.

Right now I am mainly playing EoD .3.1, Forgotten Hope .61, and DC realism mod. ADDS IRON SIGHTS!

GODSMACKed

50 XP

21st June 2003

0 Uploads

600 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

is EoD still up and running or did they give up since BFV came out? Forgotten Hope looks really good but are there alot of servers/people playing?

BTW the reason Im asking is I have 56K and cant just download any mod I want, it takes forever so I want to get a good one.

WW2dude

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

50 XP

30th July 2003

0 Uploads

3,825 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

D'oh! I forgot Snyder's mod needs both expacks... Sorry.

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,515 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#6 14 years ago
GODSMACKedis EoD still up and running or did they give up since BFV came out? Forgotten Hope looks really good but are there alot of servers/people playing? BTW the reason Im asking is I have 56K and cant just download any mod I want, it takes forever so I want to get a good one.

They have stopped working on EoD for BF1942 and are porting over the BFV to make a realism mod, basically the equivalent of Forgotten Hope in BF1942. Can't tell you their plans for BF2...

xtylite

I am

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
GODSMACKedWell I just got back into BF, now I want to try out a few mods. What are some intersting ones worth playing? Anyone tried SilentHeroes? (think thats it) I played DC a long while back, want my thing...

Yes, have tried SilentHeroes, and I like it. It is modern combat like DC, but it is better balanced, and you need more skills to be good in SH then DC. Download now! The new version 0.35 is coming this Friday the 18th of June 2004. Here are a few of the things I like about SilentHeroes: - Teamplay, which means that if you work together with others on your team, you should be more succesful in your game, - Custom-maps, 10 in total in version 0.35 (then there is the Rising Rebels mappack with 7 more maps), - Smoke-nads both for infantry and vehicles that actually gives good cover and distraction, - Scandinavian enviroment, snow, woods, fields, water (no more desert), - Scandinavian voices, - Irongsights, - Features such as the Sniper´s spawnflag (instead of knife), - No parachutes (unless you spawn from spawnflag) which eliminates noobs that takes a chopper and then bails-out, - When you get injured your screen gets darker to simulate real life decreased fighting ability, - When driving vehicles such as a main battle tank, you can´t drive and shoot at the same time (driving in pos 1 and shooting in pos 2), but with practice it is not hard to drive by yourself, switch position and fire and so on, - New features in version 0.35 are, the vehicle HUD shows what directions you are taking damage from, the new attack heli´s will have radar-decoys to scramble enemy radar, and more Download SilentHeroes as soon as it is released (check silentheroes.se or any BF site with good news update) :devil:

BF1942_AZ

Forgotten Hope Veteran

50 XP

3rd April 2003

0 Uploads

140 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

fh is pretty much what vanilla bf should have been... more of a whole new game than a mod in a sense, but as for eod its kind of a in between vanilla arcadeness and fh realism. dc, well i just can't get into it...

GODSMACKed

50 XP

21st June 2003

0 Uploads

600 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

well I tried out the "Dead Cities" mod and its pretty fun for the first build. Plus, the whole "earth is a wastelend now you must fight to survive" thing is pretty fun. I reccomend checking it out... its only 41mb.

I think I will D/L FH next, what version do I need to get? Is the FH map pack neccesary?

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,515 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Yes, there are two parts to the installation. Part one has all the files for mod itself and must be installed first. Part two is the map pack which must be installed second. The version is .6, but there is a patch there for .61 which you install after everything else.