Nordicvs VIP Member

A Man among humans

50 XP

4th May 2005

0 Uploads

2,865 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Hey... Is there a way to change the view once inside a submarine and deep underwater? I've tried everything and can't escape the "blank wall" view...which does not help in avoiding underwater obstacles--and especailly, getting the damned sub beached *every* time.:mad: I'd love to have a third-person point of view...does anyone know how to get this view? Thanks in advance. :) Cheers.

Raptor25

You're in my Crosshairs...

50 XP

7th July 2003

0 Uploads

161 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

I don't think there is an external view for submerged sub. Just don't go near the light colored water on the map and you shouldn't get beached.

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Your best bet it to expand the minimap and do as he suggested, stay in the dark water. :uhm: It would take a lot of modifying to get it to work, but then you wouldn't be able to play with others. The view would look pretty bad anyway. Don't know if you've ever seen what it looks like under the water, but it's pretty much nothingness, no one was ever suppose to see it. :p

Nordicvs VIP Member

A Man among humans

50 XP

4th May 2005

0 Uploads

2,865 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

[color=black]Alrighty then.[/color]

[color=black]Well, it actual submarine warfare, the subs could incorporate natural geographic features into their strategy--it's much more difficult, for example, to hunt for and kill a sub if it goes into a trench, as opposed to a virtually flat ocean floor with no formations at all. And when it's sub vs. sub, the underwater landscape *should* be a major factor, much like how ground troops and vehicles utilize the topography of a battlefield to their advantage.[/color]

[color=black]The sub vs. sub scenario is fairly dull and unrealiztic without this. Oh well. I thought there might be a way to at least get the parascope able to work underwater...sigh.[/color]

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#5 13 years ago

You probably can increase the depth the sub can go while still using the periscope, but again, Punkbuster would see it and that wouldn't be good...