Pure-Chaos

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

23rd June 2004

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Me and my friends have been thinking that if BF had a weathering effect it would be that little better. Can you imagen on Midway youre watchin waves crash over the bow of the ship, 60mph winds blowing the trees. It would also be cool for bad weather to make flying harder, and of course for the fighting on the ground to be harder. I know this would be a bitch to code for but damn it would been cool. What do you lot think?

Jay7219

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

6th January 2004

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I think that it would be excellent. The flip side is that it may be too REAL and lose the action aspect of the game. It would probably require better peripherals ( more ram, better CPU, better VGA ) though, have you tried BFV? No wind or storms but, lots of under-growth. I have found that it took some tweaking to get it to run as smooth as BF1942. Multiplayer servers would also have to be better ( there would be MORE things going on at the same time ). Like you said, it would be harder to fly and because of visibility, ground forces would have a harder time trying to shoot down planes or even other ground vehicles. Ill take it one step further, what about DYNAMIC/RANDOM weather? If you were playing on a server that had a 30 min. time limit and 3 games per round, they could have random or progressive weather changes. It would similar in comparision to the DC maps like 'BOCAGE', 'BOCAGE day2', BOCAGE day3'. If you have played them then you know that as you progresss through each day there are less planes and then finially no aircraft on 'BOCAGE day3'. For the weather mod, the first round could be sunny, the second over cast with light showers, on day three you could have a gale. Now what do you think about time? As you played it could ever so slightly get darker, next round the same and the finially, round three could be night time with a bright moon for light. I wish that I knew how to code because I, like you and your friends, have some good ideas too.

Jas

Pure-Chaos

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

23rd June 2004

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

yeah, it would become to realistic for somepeople. I also see your point that it would require alot of skill and time, but with computers becoming more powerful by they day it will be possible soon enouth, and then gaming will be at a whole new level. Yes i have played BF:V but my G force 4 isnt good enouth for it >< and all the graphics are purple >< all of them! lol