What? How? Mod? map? sorry! -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

Re: Battlefield 1942. Could someone point the way, so I might, one day actually use this "map" I have downloaded. I need the basics on how this "add-on" stuff works. Also do any of these modmapsaroos work when playing single player.

Exploder

Flames on fire?

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

4,357 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

To use downloaded mods you install them with the install.exe or if the mod does not have an installer, you copy the mod folder into the mods folder in your BF1942 install directory, then fire up the game and choose the mod from the 'Custom game' option.

As for maps I'm not too sure, nut I think they will work if you download them into EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Archives\bf1942\levels or any other mod folder in the mods folder

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

If a map is made for standard BF it certainly goes in the EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Archives\bf1942\levels, if it is made for a mod it goes into the levels folder for that mod. A good guide is just to make sure it is in the same folder with all the other .rfa files. Most mods have readme's that tell you how to install them properly, unless it is a self installer like DC or DC Final, in which case just click and run.

AK

:smokin: