jerbear

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

9th May 2003

0 Uploads

27 Posts

0 Threads

#31 16 years ago

I'm gonna buy it anyway because it's battlefield and this new version looks so amazing and different from desert combat, (tactic wise) and because i enjoy AA, i would probably like this too. But me also being a WWII fanatic would buy this game in a flash if it was in WWII. Or, if XWWII made a WWII mod for BF 2, then i would get that. I personally don't like FH. It's a little fake when it comes to damage. I shot a guy 3 times before he died and because BF's whole medic system was useless unless you heal yourself, this doesn't work out. That's why XWWII incorporates 1 hit kills with certain guns on certain areas of the body. Chest, head, fatal spots kill you. If BF2 had a damage system that's a mix of WWIIOL and AA, then you could incorporate medics in the game very nicely. I don't know why people don't play XWWII. I think it's the greatest realism mod for BF1942. The tanks are so realistic. A good WWII mod for Unreal is Red Orchestra. That the most realistic and fun WWII game I've ever played period. It has the best graphics too. They beat COD by a longshot. Anyway, I agree with some of your opinions. It also depends on my mood. If I want to kill 100 Iraqis with 1 click of the mouse then I'll play DC. If i want to play old fashion BF, then I'll play it. You get my point.

Zab

BROtastic

50 XP

30th March 2003

0 Uploads

8,186 Posts

0 Threads

#32 16 years ago

That's why I love Silent Heroes..:)

Eglaerinion

Vault Dweller

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#33 16 years ago

I will definately buy battlefield 2 unless they release a demo that will suck bigtime, then I'll wait for the first great mods to convert (forgotten hope probably will) and buy it at a lower price. But maybe at the time that BF2 is being released I will be playing Operation Flashpoint 2 and won't even consider buying it. Who knows?

jerbearI personally don't like FH. It's a little fake when it comes to damage. I shot a guy 3 times before he died and because BF's whole medic system was useless unless you heal yourself, this doesn't work out. That's why XWWII incorporates 1 hit kills with certain guns on certain areas of the body. Chest, head, fatal spots kill you. [color=red]Forgotten Hope has the same kind of damage system. :rolleyes: [/color] A good WWII mod for Unreal is Red Orchestra. That the most realistic and fun WWII game I've ever played period. It has the best graphics too. They beat COD by a longshot. [color=red]I agree Red Orchestra plays like an entirely new game that has nothing to do with ut2k3 (or ut2k4), in contrary the quake 3 style CoD.[/color] Anyway, I agree with some of your opinions. It also depends on my mood. If I want to kill 100 Iraqis with 1 click of the mouse then I'll play DC. If i want to play old fashion BF, then I'll play it. You get my point.

Rikupsoni

Victim of Forgotten HopeForum bystander

50 XP

26th April 2004

0 Uploads

3,047 Posts

0 Threads

#34 16 years ago

It would be great, definetly gonna buy it, if it come.

Cyb3rwarrior

I hate hollywood.

50 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

251 Posts

0 Threads

#35 16 years ago

We know that BF2 is about modern day combat, read what was posted before, were saying that we would rather buy a remake of BF42 with better graphics, and more realism. And yes XWW2 is fun, but FH has a slight balance to it, it allows for the average incompetence of the normal player, while keeping it somewhat realistic.

Exploder

Flames on fire?

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

4,357 Posts

0 Threads

#36 16 years ago

Of course I'll get it

Ensign Riles Advanced Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,537 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,480 Posts

1 Threads

#37 16 years ago

I think there should have been a poll. Would have showed a lot are going to get BF2. Then again, there is always that one person who likes to throw off that statistics. :)

Cyb3rwarrior

I hate hollywood.

50 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

251 Posts

0 Threads

#38 16 years ago

like me :p