VOP2288

I'm Bill Pardy...

50 XP

19th August 2004

0 Uploads

640 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

The other day BF:1942 Anthology came in the mail and I've been playing it for the last day or so...

I used to have the game back when it came out but I forgot just how HISTORICALLY INACCURATE this game was. I cant believe that game reviewers saw past the fact that you can run around as a Russian in Stalingrad with a Thompson M1A1...or blow up a tank on wake island as a Jap with a Panzershreck...plus dont even get me started on the Omaha map...jesus...

the game is fun and all and I have that Forgotten Hope mod that takes care of all that junk but really....were the people who made the game originally that WWII retarded?

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago
VOP2288;3519434the game is fun and all and I have that Forgotten Hope mod that takes care of all that junk but really....were the people who made the game originally that WWII retarded?

Of course they weren't, try to keep the insults down. They wanted to make a game that was fun, historical accuracy wasn't the principal point of the game. Like most accurate simulators, a game that modeled the WW2 experience exactly as it was would have appealed to a very small audience, would have taken much to long to make and would have required several DVD's to deliver.

Like most driving games, it's about making people want to play, not get so frustrated that they never come back. Sure it annoys the sim fans, but it's not a sim, it's a game. If you want to play a WW2 sim then go out and buy one.

AK

:smokin:

SciComHam

Now with more red

50 XP

28th November 2004

0 Uploads

935 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

You'll find that most games are shudderingly innacurate, whatever the genre. Luckily modders fix this, sometimes to the point of tiny details. 1942 has FH, BF2 has PRMM.

VOP2288

I'm Bill Pardy...

50 XP

19th August 2004

0 Uploads

640 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago
Sure it annoys the sim fans, but it's not a sim, it's a game. If you want to play a WW2 sim then go out and buy one.

It's funny...they actually DO call BF:1942 a WWII simulation though.

I can understand the little historical inaccuracy here and there (like COD) but come on...I just cant get over those weapons and that Omaha map...these are mistakes that are just too obvious for people to notice.