MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Rule 1. Never trust EA for historical accuracy.

The mountains in El Alamein should be towards the British base...

Pegasus Bridge on Caen should be nowhere near the town of Caen itself. Plus, it was over a neat little canal, not a curvacious river.

The Ardenne Wood of Battle of the Bulge should be much thicker and larger. Its a huge friggin' forrest.

And the big one... KURSK! It should not be on a hill or mountainous mildly forrested area. Unterheim Zitadelle (Operation Citadelle, Battle of the Kursk Salient) took place on the open steppes. Imagine the American midwest 140 years ago. Now, imagine it just being grass and no brush. That is what the steppes looked like.

DiCE and EA make me feel smart.

Gift

unDutchable

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

6,449 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago
And the big one... KURSK! It should not be on a hill or mountainous mildly forrested area. Unterheim Zitadelle (Operation Citadelle, Battle of the Kursk Salient) took place on the open steppes. Imagine the American midwest 140 years ago. Now, imagine it just being grass and no brush. That is what the steppes looked like.

True, Kursk were steppes. Call of Duty: United Offensive has a better Kursk mission then BF1942 does. Even though the Kursk in BF1942 is fun to play.

Uncle_Monkey

LEEROY... JENKINS!!!1111!

50 XP

10th March 2005

0 Uploads

18 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago
HGen_Snake Even though the Kursk in BF1942 is fun to play.

You're right. I love running people over with a jeep. But i wish the trees would go away, damn trees! I can't seem to drive real fast without planting the hood into one.:uhm: Still, kursk should be more historically accurate.:beer:

MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

There were not trees, or very few, in the steppes. Prokhorovka.jpg This is the bell tower memorial in the fields outside of the city of [color=black]Prokhorovka[/color]. This field was at the southern edge of the Kursk Salient. Note the total lack of trees or mountains.