I recently went to the battlefield 2 website and found out the 1.3 patch is coming out (still needs some testing), and some of the new features are sweet!
Although the 1.3 patch is still being worked on we wanted to provide a peek at what you can expect with the coming release:
- Co-op: Co-op Mode allows you to play Single Player levels on the Internet and LAN with both AI controlled bots and human players. Several new options have been created that will allow the server creator to modify how the bots behave in game.
- Air dropped vehicles: Squad members can now send a request up the chain of command for a vehicle to be dropped at their location.
BUG FIXES & GAME PLAY TWEAKS
- Prevented ban list from being cleared in the event of a server crash.
- Fixed issue with players not properly ranking up on servers where they continuously play.
- Fixed bug where friendly vehicles show up as valid targets.
- Friendly Vehicle lock: Lock-on weapons do not lock on to friendly vehicles. The box with an X through it will still appear, but a lock tone will not sound and then if fired, the missile will not track the friendly target.
What i'm looking forward to is the air dropped vehicles, that would be soo Cool!
What do u guys think?
Sounds good and bad, its alright if its just a jeep though, if its going to be lightarmored/tanks im going to die.
ANZACSASbetter yet they drop a plane down :p
It wouldnt surprise me if it did, its DiCE and EA after all.
hmm yes i did forget about that.........well now my joke wont work :(
12th March 2004
/me calls for tank to be dropped then forgets to look up
i can just imagine the chaos that might cause when a vehicle drops out of the sky.
Thinking about it.
NEat ideas but i wonder how this is going to affec the balance.....
time to reinstall battlefield 2.. those two new features sound pretty cool.. i think they're really trying to match up to quake wars since i remember a screenshot of quakewars with a vehicle of some sort with a parachute being dropped from the sky..
All I hope is that it wont be tanks, but it probably wont be, since that would be soMESSEDup, you cant have a 9ton tank dropped from the sky... thats just redicules.