sejanus

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

10th January 2003

0 Uploads

300 Posts

0 Threads

#11 13 years ago

I voted BF42 as I prefer WW2 combat. The modern stuff doesn't interest me that much. Now what would be sweet is if they released a WW2 mod like the did with BFV, that I would play. S

OneTinSoldier

Circular Error ProbabilityZero

50 XP

24th October 2004

0 Uploads

465 Posts

0 Threads

#12 13 years ago
psyichicOverall I beleive BF2 is much better Mainly becasue now TEAMWORK is recognized. THat just kinda got to me how team work just kinda sucked in BF1942 becasue you got nothing for helping a teammate other then some gratitude. ...

Yes, good point. It is nice to get teamwork points. Points for meds/revives, giving ammo, repairing, and supposedly in the next patch, blowing up enemy assets with C4. Definitely a step forward. :) Cheers, OneTinSoldier

FactionRecon

11PzG Grunt

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

3,889 Posts

0 Threads

#13 13 years ago

I'd played BF1942 since the first Wake demo came out, downloaded countless mods over the years, and put years of gaming time into that game. BF2 is just more fun the way I see it. It's just an overall better game, and will be fantastic once more patches come and the mods start rolling out, just as BF1942 did in its day.

Even though I hate modern warfare games with all of my being, BF2 gets it for me.

fallen_samurai

Butt squeezin' it's the season

50 XP

29th June 2004

0 Uploads

61 Posts

0 Threads

#14 13 years ago

BF2!!! RoXor!

ListenToSlayer!

I do....

50 XP

27th July 2005

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#15 13 years ago
OneTinSoldierYes, good point. It is nice to get teamwork points. Points for meds/revives, giving ammo, repairing, and supposedly in the next patch, blowing up enemy assets with C4. Definitely a step forward. :) Cheers, OneTinSoldier

to a degree i agree but i think that teamwork isnt everything in bf2 because alot of the time people just fuck off and do their own thing, that pee's me off sooo mcuh as i think its alot better to work as a team, so that is a bit of a let down

phoenix12

Gettin' too old for this...

50 XP

16th June 2005

0 Uploads

125 Posts

0 Threads

#16 13 years ago
OneTinSoldierYes, good point. It is nice to get teamwork points. Points for meds/revives, giving ammo, repairing, and supposedly in the next patch, blowing up enemy assets with C4. Definitely a step forward. :)

Yes, a big step forward... though that's about the only thing I would say has improved, regarding gameplay. Still the same old conquest other than that. I vote 1942... really miss those old fighter plane battles. Jets and choppers seem to be just transportation 90% of the time in BF2.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#17 13 years ago

Have to say BF2, not because BF1942 isn't a good game still!

When BF1942 came out it was truly a great game, for most ppl it was a revolution in gaming, that's why ppl were so blown away and played for days on end. There's not the same kick in BF2 because the basic concept is now old, so many existing players of BF1942 don't play it for days on end, been there, done that!

BF2 is an evolution of BF1942. Many things in BF1942 that were missing - points for medic, engineer and supply work are now present. Better hit detection (yes there are problems with bunny hopping, but now you don't die jumping off a 6 foot wall), better vehicle physics, ragdoll. Commander, squads and VOIP (oh the copmplaints I heard about that after BF1942 came out :) ). destructible objects (ok yes, needs more in my opinion, but I don't get stuck on a damn foot high bush in my tank anymore!). These are all natural developments of BF1942, and are what many ppl have been asking and waiting for. Of course there are negatives, no more player controlled Arty is a big one, punish smacktards, farming point whores and etc. However there were things in BF1942 that were changed because of problems caused by players (and not because the concept is wrong, it's just being exploited by noobs and smacktards).

I haven't played BF: DC since BF2 came out except in ladder matches and team practice, and we have had our first trial scrim in BF2, we tore them to shreds on Sharqui Peninsula :0wned: Two rounds, 65 - 0, 69 - 0, and they were loooong games on a 32 player map 8 V 8. So once the BF2 ladders start over here it's probably into the CD holder for my BF1942 disks for the last time :(

The end of an era, but the beginning of a whole new one with BF2. :nodding:

AK

:smokin:

ListenToSlayer!

I do....

50 XP

27th July 2005

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#18 13 years ago

:'( you brought a tear to my eye!! lol