Dynamix

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

27th May 2003

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I thought that Vietnam was a mediocre game. I played after it came out more then 1942. BTW I think for its time 1942 was a beyond excellent game. But with no 3D map, dated gfx and such BFV was much more favorable.

The problem I have with 2142 is how much new stuff can they add? Not vehicles and weapons but features. As far as gfx goes, BF2 came out not so long ago. And I bet most people do not have cards that can play BF2 with everything on high. So coming out with a new game, granted it does have a long time to go, what’s the point?

In conclusion, im iffy on future games to begin with. I liked the Star Wars mod for BF42, but what will EA do in the further future? I’m thinking a BF1942: Part 2. Now that would be awesome.

General Rommel

BF2 Files Staff

50 XP

25th October 2004

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Theres actually a mod for vietnam that has all the maps of 1942 in vietnam style.

Commie

The elusive Member 132837.

50 XP

23rd December 2005

0 Uploads

1,850 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

No. BF2142 will NOT, repeat NOT, be another Vietnam. a) It's 2142. Not Vietnam. b) We don't know what it's going to be like, and I doubt it's going to be exactly the same c) Vietnam kicks ass. I map and mod prolificly for it and never get tired.

The#1Spot

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

20th October 2005

0 Uploads

475 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

i say for every objec they are gonna slap on probable twice as mant pixels than BF2 so that 6600series and raedon 700series will be min requirements so you have to upgrade again then ea gets a chunk if nvidias profit so dont buy it. They better have a demo for the game.

www.freewebs.com/sacre

50 XP

20th November 2005

0 Uploads

873 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

I dont think it will be another "vietnam" repeat, where it ends up bad..

They learn from their mistakes... and the only way this expansion will be bad is if the majority of you look at the mistakes and glitches more then the Good things...

which a lot of you do already

"i hate you EA, it sucks, the patch is bad, i hate you, blah blah blah"

sound familiar? next time someone says that, please say DICE not EA... and keep it to yourself..

Ahh im done

SciComHam

Now with more red

50 XP

28th November 2004

0 Uploads

935 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

it certainly seems to be destroying mods. there goes First Strike.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 12 years ago

Im dying to see weather coded into a game. can you picture a rain storm coming mid round and thunder and lightning. You can slide down a slope or off a road as everything gets slippery. Not to mention getting struck by lightning. A stream you used to be able to cross on foot now is a raging torrent. Bridges wash out.

Other weather like Snow Storms, or a hot sunny day in the desert. Spend to much time without getting into shade your body overheats and your aim is sloppier and your movement slower. Stay out too long without getting any shade and you die.

All that can be coded with todays technology and wouldnt require extreme video card upgrades but would push game play and reality.

www.freewebs.com/sacre

50 XP

20th November 2005

0 Uploads

873 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. will support real random weather, storms, rain etc...

and wind.. theres a new one

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 12 years ago

Yeah Im familiar with STALKER and even wrote a finalist story for it. I dont think they are doing interactive weather but weather that merely appears. Even in BF2 the clouds move. Im talking about like in an old TFC map well_xmas or whatever its name was. The Ice refroze after you broke it. Another TFC map Vidars, the ice was soo slippery. Imagine if they coded weather and the water would freeze and areas you could only swim thru (lost health, aiming cause u swam thru cold water), now you can drive over, but is that area strong enough to support a tank? Only one way to find out.

STALKER I have no doubt will be a awesome SP (game of the year nominee awesome), but Im not counting on it having coded weather systems that affect gameplay.

Oblivious

I tawt I taw a puddy tat...

50 XP

30th December 2002

0 Uploads

2,806 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago
192837465S.T.A.L.K.E.R. will support real random weather, storms, rain etc... and wind.. theres a new one

If they ever release it... :p

I fear that by the time (err, if) they do release, it will look a bit dated.