Found this while searching through some forums:
======================================================================== Patch v1.03 ========================================================================
- Wake Island Map
Included a remade version of this popular BF1942 map. Battlefield 2 version includes a 64 player layout and is configured for multiplayer only.
- Server Favorites / History
There is a new tab in the MULTIPLAYER menu that holds a list of the last 20 internet servers you have connected to, plus a list of servers you have selected as favorites.
* Added a button to the other multiplayer tabs that adds the currently highlighted server to your favorites list. * Added buttons in the in-game server info menu (press TAB to access) that will add or remove the server you are currently playing on to / from your favorites list.
- Account Login Welcome Screen
After you login to an online account, a message appears that contains BF2 news and information which updates periodically.
- Stat Compare
By clicking the COMPARE button in BFHQ, you can search for another players name and load their current stats into BFHQ. Using the arrow buttons next to the name in the top-left corner of the menu, you can toggle between your stats and their stats.
You can also load a player's stats by double-clicking on their name in any leaderboard.
- Nickname Prefix
You can add a 6-character prefix (such as a clan tag) to your account nickname which will be displayed in-game next to your nametag in the score menu, in game messages, and above your player in the game world.
* This prefix does not change your account name or statistic information (e.g. the prefix does not appear next to your name on the leaderboards). * You can change this prefix at any time at the account login menu.
- Server Reserved Slots
You can define a list of player nicknames that will act as a "reservation list" for your server.
* The list is located in mods\bf2\settings\ReservedSlots.con * You can add player names to the list by editing the file and adding the following text for each player :
where is the player's registered account name, not including a nickname prefix (see above). * You can define the number of slots to set aside for reserved players in the dedicated server launcher, or with the setting sv.numReservedSlots in your serverSettings.con file. * The number of players on the list and the number of reserved slots does not necessarily have to be the same.
- Mod Support
There are several new changes that improve support for mods.
* When connecting to a server that is running a mod that you have installed but not activated, it will be automatically activated and you will load into the server. * Added a filter on the server browser for servers running the currently activated mod. * Fixed dedicated server launcher to properly handle launching mods. * Improved support for mods sharing archives with bf2
- Improvements to in-game HUD / Map
* The viewable area of the spawn menu / commander map is now scaled based on the out-of-bounds area so that only the playable area takes up the majority of viewable map space. * The names of CPs are now displayed on the spawn menu / commander map and minimap * The minimap zoom level now changes dynamically depending on the type of vehicle you are in. If you zoom in or out manually, that zoom level is remembered for that vehicle type next time you use it. * The names of players in your vehicle are displayed in the HUD when someone enters the vehicle or switches positions. * There is a new element in vehicle HUDs that displays the reload time for countermeasures (smoke and flares). * Flags for each team are now displayed below their ticket count on the minimap to make it easier to tell what team you are assigned to.
- Many criteria for ranks and awards have changed. If you are immediately eligible for a new promotion, unlock, badge, award, or ribbon, it will be awarded the next time you receive points on a ranked server. - Only 1 player in a vehicle will get credit for or speed up capturing a flag at a CP. The other passengers must exit the vehicle to increase the speed of capture or receive capture score. - Commanders no longer accrue a TK when artillery hits teammates. - The commander's supply drop now has an icon on the minimap and a 3D- map icon in the world. - Auto team balance no longer moves players to the other team if they are a team commander or a squad leader. - The wrench repair rate on helicopters has been decreased. - You now receive 1 support point for destroying an enemy commander's artillery, UAV or Radar station. - If you have received a point for healing, repairing, or resupplying a teammate, you will not receive another point from them for the same action for a set period of time. - Singleplayer enemies use the knife more effectively. - New engine sounds for the T98 tank. - New engine sounds for the China/MEC light jeep. - New cannon sounds on APCs.
- Fixed physics of vehicles against soldiers so that soldiers are not killed so easily by moving vehicles. - Fixed a physics issue that can cause you to be stuck when falling into shallow water - Fixed an issue with soldier armor when spawning on a squad leader in a vehicle - Fixed some objects that caused vehicles to take massive collision damage - Fixed erroneous message stating that you punished a TK when auto- punish is OFF on the server. - When a vehicle explodes due to external forces, the driver is no longer mis-credited for the kills. - Added turret movement sounds to several vehicles. - Fixed an issue that caused crosshairs to stay on the screen when switching camera views. - Fixed an issue that caused the time limit status of the server not to be sent to clients when it is changed by the server. - Fixed server setting sv.allowExternalViews. Setting this to 0 will disallow external views. - Added setting for interfaceIP to the server launcher - Changed automatic TK banning to ban by cd-key instead of IP address - Improved the stability of secondary position turrets to reduce jerkiness during movement. - Fixed spawning on squad leaders to prevent players from spawning where they should not. - Fixed issue with auto team balance not sending new players to the team with less players. - Set T90 top hatch armor to "Front Armor". - Set some wheels on jets and helpcopters to stronger armor to prevent them from being destroyed instantly by AT missiles. - Adjusted wheeled vehicle engines on hills to improve climbing. - Changed the Commo-rose behavior so that player does not leave crouch when using it. - Passwords entered to join password protected servers are now cleared after use. - Improved PLAY NOW functionality. - Fixed some memory usage issues in the front end. - Fixed an issue allowing color changes in player name text. - When you click on a server in the server browser, the information from that server is updated to be more accurate. - Fixed a crash in the Ranked Linux server when communication with stats back-end ceased. - Improved the behavior of AA missiles when locked on an enemy. - Fixed an issue where parachuting soldiers could not be healed. - Added the server port to the SERVER INFO tab. - Removed the SERVER INFO tab when playing singleplayer - Fixed an issue causing some soldier & vehicle control keys to be used for in-game menus. - Added new soldier artwork in BFHQ - Added name of video director to credits
Found it on this site: http://www.bf1942.idv.tw/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2428
wow thats alot of changes but i bet that will make more bugs LOL :D.
4 Movies from Wake Island for BF2 here
'- Changed automatic TK banning to ban by cd-key instead of IP address ' How many games have DICE made?. You would have thought they'ld have worked that one out long ago wouldnt you. Slim
Havent been on the forum for a couple of weeks, so sorry if this has already been answered, but is there a release date of this upgrade yet?
[SIZE="1"]but don't quote me[/SIZE]
Validating my existance
8th July 2002
:smokin:but don't quote me
With big, noticeable letters like that, I don't think anybody can. :D
Looks good, I only hope this makes the game better and not more buggy.
I still want some code optmizations, how hard can it be to fix a few lines of code to make this game run better?
Cheers guys - believe it or not I went home and found the patch was available yesterday evening, downloaded it and applied it but havent had time to play yet - will let you all know.
Pethegreat™I still want some code optmizations, how hard can it be to fix a few lines of code to make this game run better?
Uhmm actually it can be very complicated and a single line of code or a single character in a line of can introduce many issues etc
Learn about programming and issues of writing code for a game and then ask the question again.
One of the major issues any company has writing games for a PC is that there all different and you have issue like graphics drivers etc, unlike a console platform which is stable and the same for evey machine
BTW I'm not defending EA/Dice they have let some horrendous bugs through in the past and will again I'm sure, alot of the problem is that the Market/money boys say ship because they want the money