Luger

Heavy Metal!

50 XP

12th August 2005

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

I got bored one day so I took screenshots of Wake Island at the same places on both games. For proof that they are the same places, look at the top right of the screen on the map.:) Oh yeah, if you didn't know, the pic on the left is from Battlefield 1942 and the pic on the right is from Battlefield 2.

Raptor25

You're in my Crosshairs...

50 XP

7th July 2003

0 Uploads

161 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

That's pretty neat, like how they put the crashed Zero's on the map and the half sunken ship(useless POS though no ladder so you can only parachute on it). I say the original is still the best though. Long live Bf42!:beer:

Luger

Heavy Metal!

50 XP

12th August 2005

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Yer, I agree, the original is the best. Btw, where is the half sunken ship?:confused: :)

Luger

Heavy Metal!

50 XP

12th August 2005

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

oh yer, I remeber now where the ship is! D'oh!:uhoh: lol

=TFM=Melvin

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

30th March 2005

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

I appreciate the work to do that, Luger. Thanks.

Well, I prefer the WW2 setting so I'm biased and think the BF1942 looks better. The slightly more vegetation in BF2 is nice, though. Some of the coloring and textures look better in the BF1942 version, but I think the BF2 settings were reduced a little bit; for instance, there are no clouds in the BF2 shots.

SunTsoo

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

9th October 2005

0 Uploads

62 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

The new spawn point at the arty island is cool, instant little skirmish zone. I like the furry landscape too, easier to lurk... It's a lot harder to hide inside buildings around bases now, than old Wake. All the doors are decoration, and there are just a few new structures borrowed from BF2 Far East maps that you can go in.

Mr. Whitlow

Yes

50 XP

9th September 2004

0 Uploads

1,073 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

I played it for the first time today, it seemed like a rape fest for the Chinese - I was playing on USMC and it was near impossible to get near the island without getting slammed by an APC, plane, tank, chopper, even anti-tanks... Despite that, it's one of my favourite maps... Quite frantic getting a foothold on the land, I'm guessing we got the first one by some blackhawks that managed to evade the laser-raygun deathfield otherwise known as the ocean, but even then we were hemmed in on all sides. But, once I got on land it was pretty damn nice, I liked it because it seemed to be a nice infantry fight.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

Damn, BF42 had such a good sky backdrop

=TFM=Melvin

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

30th March 2005

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago
'[SYN hydraSlav']Damn, BF42 had such a good sky backdrop

Oh, that's right. I thought on higher settings BF2 Wake had better sky. Nope. Only a slight wisp of cloud in one area. I was confused with some other BF2 maps that had more clounds and some in motion.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 13 years ago

I believe that the US have the advantage that their uv trailor is on their ship, makes it harder to destroy/easier to fix. and their artillerie is nicely isolated and again, harder to destroy due to the distance. but then again, it wouldn't be logical to put you uv trailor on the beach if you have a flightcarrier in the bay :P