Dark Saint

How many dogs are Pb'd?Maybe 2

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#41 13 years ago
ViolenTCROWFor me just 2 points. 1. No server crashes 2. A route where custom maps may be authorised for ranked play. That will do me.

i don't know if they would allow custom maps for ranked play , the reason being, just like Command and conquer , you build a map that is biased ? Happened alot way back when .....

but it would be nice if they were sent the maps and they could OK them and release them in a patch ... :D

Faceless32

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

22nd August 2006

0 Uploads

2,681 Posts

0 Threads

#42 13 years ago

A better map variaty , Better classes , and kick-ass futuristic viechles. Less point differce between levels would also be nice too.

Commie

The elusive Member 132837.

50 XP

23rd December 2005

0 Uploads

1,850 Posts

0 Threads

#43 13 years ago
MerrickDSRussian commrade: too funny man .... i have a rant in the rant section about the whole single player thing... You should read it.

I did, I remember it...:lol:

ViolenTCROW

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

5th September 2005

0 Uploads

328 Posts

0 Threads

#44 13 years ago

A route where custom maps may be authorised for ranked play may be somthing like submitting a map through a mediating body that could be comunity driven. This body could then hand the map to EA if they feel it is suitable.

Dark Saint

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#45 13 years ago

would love to see this for ranked play m8...

Mad Cat

Your mama on a stick.

50 XP

28th December 2005

0 Uploads

6,184 Posts

0 Threads

#46 13 years ago
WhiteDeath;3235755What I would like to see in it is NO ONE buying it. That would give EA the shaft the way they have given it to us the last couple years. Fair is fair I say.

forget it, will never happen neat future gaming with all sorts of weird features and the manipulating marketing of EA will attract millions of wanna be gamers(= those gamers that play only 'cool' games like this one just to show their friends they're cooler)

fr0zentw

is back.

50 XP

12th March 2006

0 Uploads

872 Posts

0 Threads

#47 13 years ago

i would like to see an exciting, well made campaign no more crucial bugs a large opportunity for modders fairness in the battlefield

wolvesgoalie

Ich Bin Das Auto

50 XP

17th May 2006

0 Uploads

1,393 Posts

0 Threads

#48 13 years ago

Merrick: I know lots of games that have good sp support, but the box has very little. if any info about sp. It's just that mp is the market, so that's what companies advertize, but to keep the sp market going they still give sp support. As you should know from reading my posts in the "whats do you hate most about bf2" thread (which I remember you getting just as peved at us sp guys) I did read the box, and the reviews, and allot of modding forums before I bought the game. IT IS THE PATCHES THAT I DON'T LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The original game was fine by me because I could mod it to get the unlock weapons (the 0's to 1's mod) but the stupid 1.02 patch fixed that because it got past PB.

Commie

The elusive Member 132837.

50 XP

23rd December 2005

0 Uploads

1,850 Posts

0 Threads

#49 13 years ago

*notices the two letters S P*

Oh god...:vikki:

*bangs head on desk*

Dark Saint

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#50 13 years ago
wolvesgoalie;3251217Merrick: I know lots of games that have good sp support, but the box has very little. if any info about sp. It's just that mp is the market, so that's what companies advertize, but to keep the sp market going they still give sp support. As you should know from reading my posts in the "whats do you hate most about bf2" thread (which I remember you getting just as peved at us sp guys) I did read the box, and the reviews, and allot of modding forums before I bought the game. IT IS THE PATCHES THAT I DON'T LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The original game was fine by me because I could mod it to get the unlock weapons (the 0's to 1's mod) but the stupid 1.02 patch fixed that because it got past PB.

umm .. As far as i knew, you don't play MP .. so why did you get the patches >? You didn't need all of them man.......

The issue here is : People expecting something from nothing. Notice what i said. I didn't say people expecting something FOR nothing. I said something from nothing. The sp campaign was ONLY created to acclimate you to the MP campaign. It isn't about Supporting the sp campaign. It was supposed to be used as a TEACHING tool.

Take the following example: You don't buy a brand new car to have it sit in your driveway and not be driven. You purchase it to use it as it was intended. So if all you wanted to do was to have it sit in your driveway. Buy a beater.

Again, it was not intended for the single player campaign to be a single player game with mp.... The game was intended as a multiplayer game. Yes, they didn't think about you guys for once and for that ..... I APOLOGISE. I am sorry the big bad boogey man companies did not worry about the 56krs and the singleplayers, this time. 56kers are a dying breed, some are 56ker not by choice, but by progression. They may not have any kind of broadband where they are located and that sucks.

Ok ... less sarcasm this time. I was a 56kr at one time also. I feel your pain. But back then (12 years + ago), the games were also different. Less demanding and so on. So yes, in this one game, they didn't do anything for the 56kers, and truly that sucks. Because at the end of it, it seems you are unhappy you spent your money on the game. But the modding community came across in some fashion to help the single players out, and that is fantastic. Woot to the modders who make the game worthwhile for you single players, playing an mp game.

They didn't state anything about "stunning single player campaigns " or anything to that point. They didn't state ANYTHING about single player on the box .... AT ALL, from what i remember. I think i posted that somewhere. actually typed out the entire back of the box( or at least the points that pertained to singleplayer/multiplayer). It was obvious to everyone , this game was not intended as a singleplayer game.

ON TOPIC: I hope to see 2142 put in a FULL, PLUSH, SUPPORTED, Singleplayer campaign and to have some decency and truth ( for a second time) in their advertisement ( on the box) of the game.