SVD_Sniper

"Custom User Title" eh?

50 XP

23rd August 2006

0 Uploads

642 Posts

0 Threads

#61 13 years ago

yeah, damage fade is cool but they made the effect far to great. I think it should be better represented if it is going to be present. Yeah, so the rifles and (sniper, assault....) dont really fade but SMGs and pistols have a noticeable fade, while shotguns have a downright blatant fade effect. One other thing that annoyed me about the fade is that bullets from most AK style weapons (including a SVD dragonov) get more lethal as they fly. This is because the bullet is slighly counter-rifled meaning it "tumbles" in the air. This means instead of going in a straight line and spinning on that line, it is also kind of "cork-screwing". Its hard to describe but the tip of the bullet waggles in the air. This means the damage done to fles is in a spiral-y shape so closing wounds and retreiving the bullet is much harder. It also increases chances of a fatal organ being hit. The tumbling effect is accuentuated by the slowing down of the round. Geez, i know far too much about this rubbish. Im gonna go and read about gardening or sumthing.

wolvesgoalie

Ich Bin Das Auto

50 XP

17th May 2006

0 Uploads

1,393 Posts

0 Threads

#62 13 years ago

Also the fact that if the game takes place 136 years in the future, you would think that they would have developed bullets that can fly for a really long time.

SVD_Sniper

"Custom User Title" eh?

50 XP

23rd August 2006

0 Uploads

642 Posts

0 Threads

#63 13 years ago

Lol yeah! Just imagine you sidearm 9mm having the range, accuracy and muzzle velovity of a sniper rifle! Jeez, the future freaks me out! Headshot at 1600m with a FiveSeven!!!!!!

Commie

The elusive Member 132837.

50 XP

23rd December 2005

0 Uploads

1,850 Posts

0 Threads

#64 13 years ago

LMAO 'Boom headshot!'....with a Five-seveN...SOCOM US Navy SEALs style (the Five-seveN is like a sniper rifle in that game).

SVD_Sniper

"Custom User Title" eh?

50 XP

23rd August 2006

0 Uploads

642 Posts

0 Threads

#65 13 years ago

LOL, if you mean SOCOM on the PS2 then nearly all (non-P90) guns are like sniper rifles! Oh and i knew there were weird capitals in Five-seveN but couldnt remember where! Just too lazy to search and find out lol! I hope BF starts taking hints from socom, its a great game for tactics teamplay and (of course) my personal favourite : MILITARY HARDWARE!!!! YAY!:D

wolvesgoalie

Ich Bin Das Auto

50 XP

17th May 2006

0 Uploads

1,393 Posts

0 Threads

#66 13 years ago

I finnaly got the demo home last night, but ******* EA made the demo MP only. They really have me doubting their capabilities as game producers.

Commie

The elusive Member 132837.

50 XP

23rd December 2005

0 Uploads

1,850 Posts

0 Threads

#67 13 years ago
SVD_Sniper;3292991LOL, if you mean SOCOM on the PS2 then nearly all (non-P90) guns are like sniper rifles! Oh and i knew there were weird capitals in Five-seveN but couldnt remember where! Just too lazy to search and find out lol! I hope BF starts taking hints from socom, its a great game for tactics teamplay and (of course) my personal favourite : MILITARY HARDWARE!!!! YAY!:D

Yeah, I have all the SOCOM series on PS2, in SOCOM 3 the weapons aren't so good. Customisable weapons like S3 would be great (two slots for attachments to weapons, such as GLs, scopes, laser sights, red dot scopes, handgrips, suppressors, bipods etc.)

(+5@1312EWULFX+)

The Devil's Reject

50 XP

8th February 2006

0 Uploads

299 Posts

0 Threads

#68 13 years ago

How about fixing the stats im sick of reearning the same crap over and over and it never detectiong it.

hadeez

JUST TRY TO ENSLAVE ME!!

50 XP

22nd October 2006

0 Uploads

167 Posts

0 Threads

#69 13 years ago

To me? A bunch of crap lag and a crap EA game..