SteelSabre

Skeptix

50 XP

27th May 2005

0 Uploads

478 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Right now i have been using the X700 Pro for BF2. And let me tell you, if it is not 70 or below in my room...the X700 screams. Makes my damn desk shake. So for Christmas I'm getting the EvGA 7800 GT..not GTX. The GT still worth it? Will it scream as well?

Here are my other specs: P4 3.0Ghz 1024 RAM 80 GigHDD...almost fill :(

Steel:daddy:Sabre

Aliblista(UK)

Wayne brady bitches!

50 XP

18th March 2005

0 Uploads

499 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

by 70 i assume u mean temperature and that ure card is overheating and making noise. In this case u may want to purchase a better fan or cooling system i dont think changing to a 7800gt will stop the noise

deftond

Covert_Commando

50 XP

30th October 2004

0 Uploads

201 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

It would not make sense. What you need to do is have a case with more fans, or buy more fans for your case. What most people dont understand is that the higher the temperature of your componets in your case are, your fans have to spin faster(which means louder) and makes a lot of noise. A good heatsink and fan for your gpu and processor. When making the decision for one of these dont buy the cheapest ones our there thinking they are just as good as they are not. Check out and do research and see how much cfpm they push....how much air..and the rpms...the higher the rpms the louder it will be...it is best to get one that pushes better cfpm at lower rpms. Overclocking will increase your temperatures as well. Avoid this without good ventelation. I have a case with 6 fan slots....one of my next purchases are to get a better gpu fan(graphics processor) and my stock fan for my processor only spins at 1600rpm at the max, so the best choice is to get one with a fan speed control. They are almost silent like if your watching a movie...then once you hit up a game, crank it up and they will hit the 2-6000 rpms...and youll feel cold air coming from your computer. :) hope this helps